• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Shpongle

Taro

TRIBE Member
release their next album..
very much on same tip as their previous work, but still, considering how much I love that sound and the style they work, it's brilliant.....

Ineffable Mysteries from Shpongeland..

I remain devoted to simon posford and all his work

basilisk

TRIBE Member
It's not bad but I am not overwhelmed with awesomeness... which is what I expect from Shpongle. The recent Younger Brother album is way superior IMO... but I know enough to give it time; some of Simon's works take a while to grow.

Taro

TRIBE Member
I haven't dl the latest younger brother album...
so that's one in the que for me. thanks for the tip...

as I said, the new one is pretty much the same sound as they have been pushing for a long time now (it doesn't sound that much different from their 06' album IMHO), but you're right, the growth of the albums is something to take into account..

praktik

TRIBE Member
Ya i got the first and 2nd shpongle but its still the first one I keep coming back to!

will get this nonetheless.;)

Taro

TRIBE Member
It's not bad but I am not overwhelmed with awesomeness... which is what I expect from Shpongle. The recent Younger Brother album is way superior IMO... but I know enough to give it time; some of Simon's works take a while to grow.
thanks for the tip on the younger brother album, (I'm assuming it's the one from 2007), it's fantasic...on heavy rotation

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
Bump.

just because it was time something in the downtempo forum was bumped. and the name stewrat was annoying me.

maphi

TRIBE Member
If you guys like Shpongle & Younger Brother, I would recommend another hybrid to check out. They're called The Zap!

It's Benji Vaughn (aka Prometheus, the other half of Younger Brother) and Raja Ram (the other half of Shpongle)'s project. No Simon Posford. I particularly like their remix of the Beatles tune Because.

[YOUTUBE]x-A-fcdriHY[/YOUTUBE]