• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Shows?!

Krackajak

TRIBE Member
Hey as an FYI here are a couple of wikid shows coming up for the Toronto Massive!

July 8th - Emalkay, The Social
EMALKAY on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos

July 17th - Bassnectar, Opera House
BASSNECTAR on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos

July 23rd - Time Festival (Diplo, Skream, Benga, etc), Sound Academy
Embrace Presents | TIME - July 23

July 28th - Nero, Wrongbar
NERO on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos

Aug 14th - Rusko, Koolhaus
RUSKO - ALL NEW TRACKS :):):):) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
very doubtful.

when he tours with that rig, its usually his entire crew that has to be with him, and thats why its either festivals or big big parties on the west coast mostly, as the ticket prices are ALOT more expensive, just so he can pay his crew.

they may bring a bit of gear, but i doubt very much that they will have even more than a percentage of the rig, if any at all.

[jai]

edit - the last time Lorin was here, i dont think he had any of his rig here when he played at Wrong Bar.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
No none of it was there. And honestly that was disappointing. All the online blurbs for the tour including the posting for the Toronto event mentioned the sound system. They could have clarified that it wasn't coming in the event listing.

I really want to hear the damn thing!

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Last time i saw Rusko @ the Modclub, to quote Dylan aka Ill Gates,

' it was like being fucked in the ear by penis '

i will not pay to see him play again. it was fucking awful.

[jai]

Thunder

TRIBE Member
Last time i saw Rusko @ the Modclub, to quote Dylan aka Ill Gates,

' it was like being fucked in the ear by penis '

i will not pay to see him play again. it was fucking awful.

[jai]
actually the stuff that mista jam plays before rusko comes on is pretty good.. mind you almost non of it is dubstep..

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
actually the stuff that mista jam plays before rusko comes on is pretty good.. mind you almost non of it is dubstep..
i cant remember who was on before him last time, but hated it as much if not even more, if it was not for the comical stylings of my friends and the entertainment i derived from them, i would have called the entire night a waste of my time.

[jai]

Thunder

TRIBE Member
I meant the radio show, its mista jams on radio.bbc.co.uk/1xtra? I listened to almost the whole show yesterday and I quite liked what was played the entire show including Rusko's set. That's too bad the rusko show sucked. I think the guy on before depending on the show was Toddla T? Correct me if i'm wrong, I haven't seen him live but I like what he produces.

dj.nick.c

TRIBE Member
16bit is coming to wrongbar on the 21st of july!!!! holy mother of god, this is long awaited and is going to be pure insanity!!!!

Krackajak

TRIBE Member
Fml!

FML! Honestly there are sooo many killer acts coming in July and I'm f'ing stuck in some armpit of Macedonia! :mad:

Krackajak

TRIBE Member
I am still curious as why they didn't pick the Wrongbar for Plastician!? And does anyone know when Wrongbar is even open again?

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
no idea, and i dont know either.

Bar 9 i thought was supposed to be playing at Wrongbar i believe Oct 9th.

and another party that i think conflicts with the Bar 9 night @ Wrong Bar,

featuring some Heavy Hitters :)

but im not sure i can talk about that yet, but DEF worth possibly passing up Bar 9 for, and i dont say that lightly.

[jai]

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Oct 9th conflict with Bar 9 .

Mochipet, Vibesquad & Ill.Gates CD release party ! with our own dj.nick.c opening :)

@ The Great Hall.

BWOMP

[jai]

danielablau

TRIBE Promoter
Sound at Pacha was weak but can't expect more from a venue like that.

Next up..........12th Planet.........Labour of Love......I can't believe I'm paying this much cash and only excited to see one set........friendship is a bitch!

2blu_

TRIBE Member
Sound at Pacha was weak but can't expect more from a venue like that.

Next up..........12th Planet.........Labour of Love......I can't believe I'm paying this much cash and only excited to see one set........friendship is a bitch!
sound wasnt that bad
gutted im missing 12th planet, but LOL parties are a complete bust, imo.