• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Shows worth watching?

While I think there are huge flaws with Foundation, having a genetic Emperor is a massive Sci Fi idea. The 3 stages of life thing. I think I will track down the source material for this and read it. It's an Asimov book, right? I bet if J. Michael Straczynski had done this show it would have been a lot better. The politics here are interesting.

It does feel like a bit of chore to watch from time to time - a few too many digressions.

But the Dawn, Day and Dusk idea for the emperor is a fantastic and very compelling story to follow, as you said. Lee Pace can be a bit hammy in the role, but he still keeps it interesting.

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
It does feel like a bit of chore to watch from time to time - a few too many digressions.

But the Dawn, Day and Dusk idea for the emperor is a fantastic and very compelling story to follow, as you said. Lee Pace can be a bit hammy in the role, but he still keeps it interesting.
The last episode where they go into the basement (or wherever it was) and there is the original Empire dude in a large test tube. I can picture Zuckerberg considering this to prolong his reign.

praktik

TRIBE Member

I've been enjoying it! Some pacing improvements could have been made but so far so good, enough compelling content to keep me going. Fuck me if I forget the books I read as a 16 year old!

The last episode where they go into the basement (or wherever it was) and there is the original Empire dude in a large test tube. I can picture Zuckerberg considering this to prolong his reign.

He's getting ALL KINDS of ideas!

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I've been enjoying it! Some pacing improvements could have been made but so far so good, enough compelling content to keep me going. Fuck me if I forget the books I read as a 16 year old!

He's getting ALL KINDS of ideas!
I just started reading the foundation e-book pack I got off z-lib. The opening descriptions of Trantor, holy fuck! An entire planet literally paved over with steel buildings, the locals choosing not to go out into the air and above it because it freaks them out too much.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I am watching Y The Last Man. Somebody on here years ago referred me to read the graphic novel(s) which I now forget and it was ebook so didn't have the same impact. I like the post apocalypticness of it I guess.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

praktik

TRIBE Member
Been spreading the watching around but have to say this Goliath final season is superb. On Ep 6 after tonight

praktik

TRIBE Member
I am watching Y The Last Man. Somebody on here years ago referred me to read the graphic novel(s) which I now forget and it was ebook so didn't have the same impact. I like the post apocalypticness of it I guess.
nice it's on deck. Any good??

The graphic novels were so good (even though I hated the art), but the TV show didn't seem to find it's groove. They also leaned heavy into what The Walking Dead had already done in the way of look and atmosphere - which I think was a mistake.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member

He was definitely over the top on the desert walk, but it still worked somehow.

Also, I have the hots for the Danish android.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I'm liking Bladerunner Black Lotus for the animation, which is spectacular. The animators have almost nailed human facial expression. Motion capture makes most of the movement seem real after a while. Try to find this show if you are a Bladerunner fan., but many of DLs are Japanese with no subs.

Last edited: