• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Shows worth watching?

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

praktik

TRIBE Member
That season opener for Mr. Inbetween was great!

Ah shit I need to get back to season 2 - was distracted cause of just too much shit to watch and the wife didn't glom onto it as much as I did! Love it!

Good to know S3 is keeping up the quality!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Also GFE is back although I can't remember what Season 2 was about: lots of while walls and women in black outfits is all I remember.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
The "Pain Killer" musical number from Goliath was amazing. That bald character actor dude should be on Broadway.

praktik

TRIBE Member
The "Pain Killer" musical number from Goliath was amazing. That bald character actor dude should be on Broadway.
Really thought that was exceptional television. Like the makers of Legion got a chance to direct the first ep of Goliath this season - but of course all making sense in terms of what happened to our main man Billy Bob there!

Loved how the episode coalesced from the psychedelic to the mundane and ticked along the procedural way there for the final 15 mins or so.

Havent had a chance to watch ep 2 yet

Also today 'foundation' starts. It's a big budget sci-fi apparently.

I watched the first two episodes and am not sure what to think. It's got a very Game of Thrones meets Battlestar Gallactica mash up vibe but doesn't quite live up to either yet. It shows promise though - interesting ideas and themes, but not quite delving deep enough on them. Lots of beautiful looking CGI landscapes and production values, but that isn't enough to carry a show on that alone, which it's leaning on heavily so far.

I think I'll stick it out for the first season and make up my mind if I want to continue watching.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
While I think there are huge flaws with Foundation, having a genetic Emperor is a massive Sci Fi idea. The 3 stages of life thing. I think I will track down the source material for this and read it. It's an Asimov book, right? I bet if J. Michael Straczynski had done this show it would have been a lot better. The politics here are interesting.

praktik

TRIBE Member
While I think there are huge flaws with Foundation, having a genetic Emperor is a massive Sci Fi idea. The 3 stages of life thing. I think I will track down the source material for this and read it. It's an Asimov book, right? I bet if J. Michael Straczynski had done this show it would have been a lot better. The politics here are interesting.

Been watching a lot of shows in the pandemic and with Succession back on there is something engaging about it in every scene that shows the quality is still very much there in season 2. Great first few eps!