• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Shows worth watching?

Stop Bill C-10

ScottBentley

TRIBE Member
Is it worth watching despite the violence (which I usually like anyway)? I started it and found the first scene interesting, but shut it off as soon as they pulled the old "one week earlier". I HATE when shows start at the end and then use the rest of the episode to explain how they got there.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Is it worth watching despite the violence (which I usually like anyway)? I started it and found the first scene interesting, but shut it off as soon as they pulled the old "one week earlier". I HATE when shows start at the end and then use the rest of the episode to explain how they got there.

I almost did the same thing but it got really good. The first episode is definitely worth watching. Haven't seen #2 yet but will let you know.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Snowpiercer is back for a second season!!! I know it is completely stupid, but still, I have the biggest crush on Jennifer Connolly and it does sort of feel like we've been on a post-apocalyptic train for the last year.

Also, there is this Swedish Sci Fi show called White Wall that I started watching about some miners who discover a White Wall underground. That's pretty much the plot. I haven't got to the part where they reveal who made it yet. I hope it's not Bob Vila.

snowpiercer-season-1-jennifer-connelly.jpg

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
She should've been illegal, it was unfair how hot her fire was...

Snowpiercer is back for a second season!!! I know it is completely stupid, but still, I have the biggest crush on Jennifer Connolly and it does sort of feel like we've been on a post-apocalyptic train for the last year.

Also, there is this Swedish Sci Fi show called White Wall that I started watching about some miners who discover a White Wall underground. That's pretty much the plot. I haven't got to the part where they reveal who made it yet. I hope it's not Bob Vila.

snowpiercer-season-1-jennifer-connelly.jpg

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I am really liking Warrior, that Bruce Lee project. I just like the way it looks: the color grading, the shot angles, the way each shot is composed and lit. It's also fun to watch too. Going to find out who the DP is and find more of their work to study. Now that I am making tiny moves for Insta for the cannabis jewelry stuff it helps to find out how other DPs are create those nice moody shots.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I am really liking Warrior, that Bruce Lee project. I just like the way it looks: the color grading, the shot angles, the way each shot is composed and lit. It's also fun to watch too. Going to find out who the DP is and find more of their work to study. Now that I am making tiny moves for Insta for the cannabis jewelry stuff it helps to find out how other DPs are create those nice moody shots.

Michael Keith Snyman | Director of Photography | International | Cape Town | South Africa (michaelsnyman.com)

South African dude!

I'm really enjoying Ted Lasso with Jason Suedekis - it's a very wholesome in a non-condescending or patronizing way and a fantastic showcase of Suedeikis's acting, which was touched on in the movie Colossal.

I really hope this opens a lot more doors for Suedekis - he's an unbelievably underrated actor who really has evolved since his days on SNL.

I also really hope the show serves as a catalyst towards a new trend themewise in our media landscape.

praktik

TRIBE Member
I'm really enjoying Ted Lasso with Jason Suedekis - it's a very wholesome in a non-condescending or patronizing way and a fantastic showcase of Suedeikis's acting, which was touched on in the movie Colossal.

I really hope this opens a lot more doors for Suedekis - he's an unbelievably underrated actor who really has evolved since his days on SNL.

I also really hope the show serves as a catalyst towards a new trend themewise in our media landscape.

Love the show as Im a huge premier league enthusiast last few years too!

I think if i saw Juno Temple in real life I'd get crotch tingles

Nice for Sudekis to have this good run lately, Olivia changed him out for a younger, more handsome man.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I somehow came across an episode of Grayson's Art Club (S02E01) and it's had a massive impact on me. Just finished the first season now. Wow.

I had no real idea who Grayson Perry was - I'd read one of his books, and thought he was an author, not an artist. Anyway, he is an artist, probably one of the worlds greatest living ceramics artists.

But the show. In the show he gets people in the UK under lockdown to create art on a topic of the week; family, home, britian, etc. He and his wife Phillipa also make their own works as do guest artists. But you have to see what ordinary people like us produce!

As a creator, a maker, I often wondered at various points in my life what art was, or what does art mean. Why some things are considered art and some things not. Now I know. I know exactly what it means now.