• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Shows worth watching?

praktik

TRIBE Member
What was up with the sack of whatever that modern day protagonist Proto-Bourne woke up with in the Alaskan snow? Looked like kilos of drugs.
Ya not sure if that's gonna get explained. But could be he was in hypnosis from "programming" and maybe some Treadstone agents are being used by bad actors to help criminal operations??

ScottBentley

TRIBE Member
The first ep of The Mandalorian was a bit hokey, but entertaining.

Watchmen got as bit better...Treadstone too.

Half way through the first season of Mr. Mercedes and things are really picking up.

praktik

TRIBE Member
The first ep of The Mandalorian was a bit hokey, but entertaining.

Watchmen got as bit better...Treadstone too.

Half way through the first season of Mr. Mercedes and things are really picking up.
Mr Mercedes is excellent!

Season 3 just ended and I REALLY liked it too!

Agree that Treadstone improved by ep 4, open question if I watch a season 2 but I'll see this one out!

ScottBentley

TRIBE Member
I am the Mandalorian btw. You may not recognize me because I don't take my helmet off in front of the camera...but it's me under there.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

ScottBentley

TRIBE Member
thank you very much, that means a lot. i subscribe to the method school of acting, so i'm also in character off set and even wear the helmet at home. not gonna lie, it's getting pretty funky in there.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

RumRogerz

TRIBE Member
Mind Hunter was very good.

But all my money is on the upcomming show 'The Witcher'

loved the games; can't read Polish so I can't speak for the novels.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
The Mandalorian seems very low budget considering the amount of money being spent on it. Or maybe it is just the 80's Star Wars character puppetry combined with 2020 CGI.

Western loving / Heavily armed / Bounty Hunter / Dad / must have tested well in the focus groups of our coal mining, armed to the teeth, brethren to the south and I bet that's what made this show happen.

Will they introduce a discretely powerful female who appears to need saving but somehow comes out equal in the end? A mother figure? Only time will tell.

Baby Yoda, as cute as he is, is boring me right now. Perhaps it's because I find babies cute but one-dimensional. They can't even hold a conversation! He has to say his first word soon. What will it be? Mando? Dad? Tune in to Season 2? Visit this link for Disney Baby Yoda merch!

I think the Serenity crew from back in the day pulled off a better Western with less money, but still, The Mandalorian is holding my attention. It's nice escape TV.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Rick and Morty is the best show on tv IMO. Watched seasons 1-3 over Christmas. So much irony, satire and cultural commentary concealed in a fun cartoon. Season 3 in particular was really dark.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Decided to get into Mr. Inbetween and fuck me if 6 episode season 1 wasn't great! It's an FX/Australian coproduction and it feels a lot like the pressure/crazy situations of The Shield - but with everything being a bit more small time/backwoods gangster rather than Big City gangster and so far there aren't any storylines involving cops or cop characters. Anyway love the casting and the aussie vibe for sure!

Mr Robot final season is maybe the finest season since season 1 - we're three eps from the finish line and i'm pleasantly fucking surprised!

The Expanse latest season rocked and I was so happy to see the quality only increase in the hands of Amazon - and what a treat to get all eps at one time finally!

Never saw The Golden Compass but by all accounts His Dark Materials is way better and my sis in law convinced us to give it a go over the holidays and before we knew it we had all finished it! Such a cool show that gets stronger with each ep!

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
The Outsider.
3 episodes in, and it's super creepy and leaving me hanging.
now i gotta wait every fucking Sunday for mah fix !

praktik

TRIBE Member
The Outsider.
3 episodes in, and it's super creepy and leaving me hanging.
now i gotta wait every fucking Sunday for mah fix !
It's like a season treatment for an xfiles concept.
Every scene shot with surveillance and "outsider" looking in perspective.

Love it!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

praktik

TRIBE Member
really struggling with season 2

being able to psychically control people while in a fricken coma is beyond ridiculous
Ah see - I suspend my disbelief pretty easily and don't strain against shows - i go with them. It's a Stephen King story right so the element of supernatural fits with a King-ian universe, if that helps you to go with the flow at all. This isn't a typical cop show in much the way The Outsider is not a typical procedural, with an element of weirdness/supernatural too! Also Im a huge fan of the entire cast of Mr Mercedes so that got me through season 2 as well.

If you are finding yourself unable to get over the hangup - you should skip to season 3 which I think is a bit stronger than 2, but i still quite enjoyed 2. Season 3 of Mr. Mercedes has a lot of new elements/characters, and the bad guys - Captain Janeway and her much younger lover - are both SO STRONG and well worth the price (time investment!) of admission!

Last edited: