• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Shows worth watching?

praktik

TRIBE Member
I never liked it. when it started it felt like the writers were ripping off the seinfeld humour and I felt a bit, violated??

I dunno just always felt in the early seasons Friends was riffing on the best shit OTHER people did.... so ya i never really liked it. Then it turned into a soap opera comedy almost right

praktik

TRIBE Member
Watching City On a Hill and its not the greatest but it's also good/pretty good - and the Boston flavour is certainly heavy - so no surprise @ end credits to see it's a Damon/Affleck production.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Catching up on the Deuce as season 3 is coming - and season 2 is reminding me why i love David Simon and George Pelecanos as a team - season 2 really upped the game on the show and with the characters established im enjoying it a lot more!\

Season 3 looks great, premiers soon.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
I never liked it. when it started it felt like the writers were ripping off the seinfeld humour and I felt a bit, violated??

I dunno just always felt in the early seasons Friends was riffing on the best shit OTHER people did.... so ya i never really liked it. Then it turned into a soap opera comedy almost right
Same. Ended up never having seen an entire episode.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Becoming a God In Central Florida - great show, a little more art-ey than I was expecting - like surrealist coen brothers vibe but not a coen production.

Succession - still going strong and loving it this season

The Deuce - final season keeping up the strength of season 2 but so far maybe 2 is still my fave - we'll see how it goes down the back half! Loving the simon/pelacanos team for sure for the writing and characters.

The Righteous Gemstones - I've pretty much loved everything this team has done, Eastbound and Down, Vice Principals, always edgy, dark humour and amazing soundtracks. I'm loving this show and seeing some faves like Walton Goggins and Adam Devine find niches here is making me love it even more.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Also watching Batman, The Animated Series for the first time. Loving the art deco feel and the voice work. It's really very good and I am definitely not a superhero fanboy.
ha funny that! Downloaded a torrent recently and yes - it holds up!

I love the Dr Freeze episode in season 1 - for me it's the best realization of the Dr Freeze character outside the comic books.

Last edited:

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Also watching Batman, The Animated Series for the first time. Loving the art deco feel and the voice work. It's really very good and I am definitely not a superhero fanboy.
The way the animators draw light beams and light & shadow in this series is amazing.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Cicada style, bro. It's like magic. Stop asking questions or the secret enabler will send one after you...
Aren't there two different dudes anyway? The cold war guy is a different actor/different dude than the modern day American.

Watched the first two eps. It's ok. I think it may provide occasional entertainment but the back office scenes are lacking firepower and engagement - feels forced. I think the one guy there with the dirty beard is kind of weak sauce.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Limetown is kind of thriller science fictiony thing with people who disappeared. And pigs! And Jessica Biel! It's OK.

ScottBentley

TRIBE Member
Aren't there two different dudes anyway? The cold war guy is a different actor/different dude than the modern day American.

Watched the first two eps. It's ok....
Really? All rook same to me.

Agreed, it's okay...will keep watching cause there's very little else on.

First ep of Watchmen was just okay too.

praktik

TRIBE Member
^^ a better "ok" than Treadstone IMO OK++ while Treadstone maybe OK- :)

I also feel the show has more promise/potential than Treadstone.

One thing I will say is whoever is organizing the Treadstone fight and action sequences is kicking ass and they are the best part of the show and make me think about cool action sequences from the movies.