• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Shows worth watching?

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
Can't recall if Mike Judge's Tales From The Tour Bus was mentioned. Animated stories from bands, season 1 was all Outlaw Country type acts:

Season 2 is running right now, this season is Funk

First three eps are George Clinton, Rick James pt 1 and 2. Amazing.

Roy Moore sues Sacha Baron Cohen, CBS over sketch portraying him as a pedophile

Can they put him (Moore) on the stand in a civil lawsuit? If they can this will be good.
More than likely Moore is going to have to go through some pretty insane lengths in order to even get into the courtroom. The release that Moore signed (which he and just about everyone else who's crossed paths with any of Cohen's characters have never read) stipulates that the court case would have to be held in New York City if he did decide to sue, which is going to cost Moore a lot of money. There's likely a fuck of a lot more conditions (all of them ridiculous and a lot more trouble than they're worth) that Moore would have to meet in order to even get his case heard.

Cohen's notorious for getting his lawyers to write some pretty insane (but all very legal) conditions to the release forms he has his "subjects" sign. Remember when Borat came out? Not a single lawsuit (and there were many) was won against Cohen. Same goes for the people that tried to sue him for Bruno or The Dictator. Whoever Cohen has representing him is a serious black belt Horace Gracie like grandmaster in legal Jujitsu.

Last edited:

praktik

TRIBE Member
The mini series on AMC - The Little Drummer Girl is fantastic. John le Carre book, directed by Chan Wook Park (!!!!) and a very strong cast, including Michael Shannon. I can't recommend this enough. Way, way better than the Diane Keaton vehicle from the early 80's.
Its great but isnt this just a drawn out version of Team America?

"use your acting to infiltrate the terrorists" yaya we've seen that before, in marionette form!

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I am watching this French show called GUYANE or OURO AMAZON, it lists as GUYANE on IT. Anyway, it is this crazy adventure of a geologist intern in a remote tropical mining camp. It completely captures the vibe of living in mostly lawless 3rd world tropical countries. Subtitled.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Can't recall if Mike Judge's Tales From The Tour Bus was mentioned. Animated stories from bands, season 1 was all Outlaw Country type acts:

Season 2 is running right now, this season is Funk

First three eps are George Clinton, Rick James pt 1 and 2. Amazing.
Thanks for the heads up on this.

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Started watching this over the holiday, 8-episodes in total (I think?)
Patricia Arquette is transformative and a number of reliably good to great actors: Benicio, Paul Dano, David Morse, Bonnie Hunt.
Directed by Stiller
Based on the prison break a few years back in upstate New York
Is on Crave though I'm sure the web savvy can find it

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I am thinking about starting with OA season 2 but am reluctant to expose myself to more sci-fi interpretive dance.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
I am thinking about starting with OA season 2 but am reluctant to expose myself to more sci-fi interpretive dance.

Do it. s2 fixes the problems I had with season 1. It's like season 1 is just backstory and prep for the real story in season 2. Has the dna of Twin Peaks (the good parts).