• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Shows worth watching?

praktik

TRIBE Member
Loving The Sinner

Mr. Mercedes Season 1 -
amazing stuff. A little hard for gore averse viewers at times maybe but these moments are easy to see coming and far between. Great writing, acting and soundtrack bring a tight, fast moving script together with all kinds of nice touches throughout

I think its one of my faves lately for sure, and season 2 just started!

praktik

TRIBE Member
I thought the last episode of season two qas was almost worth the journey, almost

Great chase episode, lots of tension

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Christopher Lloyd had a solid career. Judge Doom in Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Uncle Fester in Addams Family, Taber in Cuckoos Nest. Michael Richards owes him for Kramer on Seinfeld; Cosmo doesn't exist without Taxi's Jim Ignatowski (and I would also suggest Back to the Future's Doc Brown is an elderly version of Ignatowski).

and
and

praktik

TRIBE Member
Just watched it and quite liked it!

Was liking the pacing and characters - the effort to make everyone real in some way

The Suleiman brothers stole the show IMO

Also was there some new camera tech they were using? Every frame was vibrant, detailed and popping for colour

praktik

TRIBE Member
Latest TV report:

Sharp Objects: loved it! Maybe more than the one that came last year... at least i was more engaged with the characters.

Homecoming: Really liked it. I think Raimi is becoming a more patient/consistent auteur. We'll see if this can have a consistency that makes its season 2 a better run than Mr. Robot... Spectacular cinematography and a great mood. I think its way better than the somewhat similar but different premise Maniac - at least it stays strong throughout and doesn't meander as much.

Mr Mercedes Season 2: Maybe my new favourite show? A very strong first season is followed by an equally strong and dynamic second season. The showrunners hint they have ideas for more plots and a middle book in the trilogy was skipped - so here's hoping for a lot more with Gleeson and these amazing people making an amazing show thats not really quite like anything else!

praktik

TRIBE Member
Romanoffs Episode 1.

Ok its a movie, really - 90 mins. Had no idea what to expect. Found it pleasantly charming - superb script, acting - all great.

But your mileage may vary. Each one is its own deal - so no need to binge and you can take one whenever. We'll watch the next one - one day, i guess?

The mini series on AMC - The Little Drummer Girl is fantastic. John le Carre book, directed by Chan Wook Park (!!!!) and a very strong cast, including Michael Shannon. I can't recommend this enough. Way, way better than the Diane Keaton vehicle from the early 80's.