• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Shows worth watching?

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
Anyone else watching The Imposters? Season 1 is on Netflix, but haven't seen any of the second, as it's on Bravo and is still running.

If you're looking for something light, fun,entertaining and with some hot lesbians, this is probably for you! :)

praktik

TRIBE Member
Masterchef Australia is back

Gordon Ramsay will be on for a week later in the marathon ~60 episode show that puts all other cooking competitions to shame. George didn't want him but I think both are chilling out and I bet Gordon convinced him he can play nice too, which he can.

I wanted Gordon to see close up how much better their show is!!

Mondieu

TRIBE Member

Gordon Ramsay will be on for a week later in the marathon ~60 episode show that puts all other cooking competitions to shame. George didn't want him but I think both are chilling out and I bet Gordon convinced him he can play nice too, which he can.

What’s different about the Australian one from the North American ones?

praktik

TRIBE Member
Ummm everything!

Biggest difference is the character of the judges and the contestants, like a breath of fresh air! Judges are decent dudes with a friendly charisma and know their shit. They don't harangue contestants or shame them, ever. Contestants are happy when other contestants do well - not catty and bitter
The Aussie mateship concept shines through and gives you some hope for humanity. Not like Australia doesn't have its race problems but here contestants are all equal and its the food that does the talking.

Watch the American one or the Canadian one and the producers goad the contestants into one upping each other, lots of aggressive, even violent metaphors ("I'm going to destroy the competition! " etc)

But aside from this heart and soul the Australian one is really epic - seasons go from 60-75 episodes, it's on Sunday through Thursday and there are only two eliminations a week. This let's you see far more of the prep for each cook, learn more about the process and really feel the intensity of those cooks. Contestants are only cooking for their lives twice a week and are otherwise free to lose an invention test or team challenge - so they can be free to try more risky shit. Immunity challenges put one of them one on one with a real pro and these can be quite entertaining duels with spectacular dishes resulting, normally the pro wins but not always! Across this many episodes the contestants really start to get better - they are all living in the same house for almost three months - spending every available hour honing techniques with the others

So they get so good, they can really throw a complexity of challenge out to them, a quality of dish, they can never put out in the other versions. Some of the shit they make contestants attempt in individual and team challenges seem impossible and are epic episodes in themselves. Makes it feel cheap to hear an American or Canadian host assert their challenge was the "toughest ever" (yeah right!! Us Aussie viewers would moan)

If there is a world series across all versions of masterchef Australia winner would win, every time, hands down. The final ten are always just so good they're all miles better than the best one who takes Canada or america

Cause they also bring in great guest chefs and this, across a season, ends up imbueing a lot of great technique into them as well.

So ya, it's the best version of masterchef by miles and its why it has such a large following outside the country!

Mondieu

TRIBE Member

Ummm everything!

Biggest difference is the character of the judges and the contestants, like a breath of fresh air! Judges are decent dudes with a friendly charisma and know their shit. They don't harangue contestants or shame them, ever. Contestants are happy when other contestants do well - not catty and bitter
The Aussie mateship concept shines through and gives you some hope for humanity. Not like Australia doesn't have its race problems but here contestants are all equal and its the food that does the talking.

Watch the American one or the Canadian one and the producers goad the contestants into one upping each other, lots of aggressive, even violent metaphors ("I'm going to destroy the competition! " etc)

But aside from this heart and soul the Australian one is really epic - seasons go from 60-75 episodes, it's on Sunday through Thursday and there are only two eliminations a week. This let's you see far more of the prep for each cook, learn more about the process and really feel the intensity of those cooks. Contestants are only cooking for their lives twice a week and are otherwise free to lose an invention test or team challenge - so they can be free to try more risky shit. Immunity challenges put one of them one on one with a real pro and these can be quite entertaining duels with spectacular dishes resulting, normally the pro wins but not always! Across this many episodes the contestants really start to get better - they are all living in the same house for almost three months - spending every available hour honing techniques with the others

So they get so good, they can really throw a complexity of challenge out to them, a quality of dish, they can never put out in the other versions. Some of the shit they make contestants attempt in individual and team challenges seem impossible and are epic episodes in themselves. Makes it feel cheap to hear an American or Canadian host assert their challenge was the "toughest ever" (yeah right!! Us Aussie viewers would moan)

If there is a world series across all versions of masterchef Australia winner would win, every time, hands down. The final ten are always just so good they're all miles better than the best one who takes Canada or america

Cause they also bring in great guest chefs and this, across a season, ends up imbueing a lot of great technique into them as well.

So ya, it's the best version of masterchef by miles and its why it has such a large following outside the country!
I had no idea. I’ve had 3 acquaintances on the Canadian one and PVRed it. It’s unwatchable without fast forward. I like the concept but can’t stand most of the judges and their posturing. Perhaps it’s because I’ve experienced their unwarranted “snootiness” at a couple of events I’ve attended.

I’ll look for the Australian version and give it a go. Thanks for the info!!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

praktik

TRIBE Member

I had no idea. I’ve had 3 acquaintances on the Canadian one and PVRed it. It’s unwatchable without fast forward. I like the concept but can’t stand most of the judges and their posturing. Perhaps it’s because I’ve experienced their unwarranted “snootiness” at a couple of events I’ve attended.

I’ll look for the Australian version and give it a go. Thanks for the info!!
I have all seasons we could arrange a soulseek transfer, which might be better than dropbox or other options given the # of GBs, but if you look for torrents recent seasons should be avail in one big torrent. Streaming might be weird I dunno... never look for streams. Any recent season is good - just dont start w/ season 1 where the formula wasn't quite down yet, we liked it but we went to it only after going through 2 to 8 for a bit of history.

Also the Aussie vernacular is its own entertainment, hard not to crack a smile or a chuckle when a host says, of a dish "that dish is a dead set ripper!"

praktik

TRIBE Member
I am also trying to give plex a try and am trying to figure out how to fucking name my files so it doesn't fucking mangle my library... when I figure THAT out I could make a season available for streaming