• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Shows worth watching?

Yorkz

TRIBE Member
is anyone watching Stan Lee's Lucky man?
For some reason, the title made me want to avoid it but I finally sat down to watch it and it was not at all what I expected...a smart Brit crime drama with just a nice sprinkling of special powers to nudge the story forward. Great actors and slick.
It was such a pleasant surprise after that mess Iron Fist and I even liked it better than Daredevil Season 2 which IMO had zero plot.
Funny how Lucky Man had very little hype but in my opinion, turned out to be quietly very satisfying to watch.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Search Party was a very cool surprise.

John Early is my new fave.

Great music, very human and real - and a cast that really has no weak spots. Super funny in a subversive and dark way.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Two wrap ups for us last night:

Broadchurch (UK) S3: After an uneven 2nd season we still enjoyed, i think season 3 was quite excellent. I love this detective duo, and the series writers should be applauded for making a heavily engaging, dramatic story turning around a rape case. Thousands of these happen all the time all over the world, they're almost mundane. Im used to seeing murders - seeing the whole world at stake in other fare - but here we have a common crime, a horrible one, but common nonetheless - and we're seeing the ripple effects of events like this percolating through the whole community. I am not sure I have seen this so well dramatized anywhere before. Really great season. And i dunno if camera techology has been improving along with the art of cinematography or something but Broadchurch's beauty was captured so so well - maybe it was the right time of year to be filming too...

Billions: wow - what a fun season. And such a great mano a mano scene to end it. The Rise of Taylor was great this year too.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
For some reason, the title made me want to avoid it but I finally sat down to watch it and it was not at all what I expected...a smart Brit crime drama with just a nice sprinkling of special powers to nudge the story forward. Great actors and slick.
It was such a pleasant surprise after that mess Iron Fist and I even liked it better than Daredevil Season 2 which IMO had zero plot.
Funny how Lucky Man had very little hype but in my opinion, turned out to be quietly very satisfying to watch.

I like it but haven't gone out of my way to watch it, meaning I've only gotten through the first couple of eps while other shows are ongoing.
the premise though is pretty solid, Imagine having the ability to control your own luck, that would be amazing

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Anyone check out 3%? It's a Brazilian show...I really enjoyed it! I think I heard they just signed for a second season.
3% is excellent, however I can understand some not liking it as it's all subtitled but I found it somewhat original for an idea that's been kicked around often over the past 20 years.

it reminds me of "the Lottery" in ways

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
Broadchurch (UK) S3: After an uneven 2nd season we still enjoyed, i think season 3 was quite excellent. I love this detective duo, and the series writers should be applauded for making a heavily engaging, dramatic story turning around a rape case. Thousands of these happen all the time all over the world, they're almost mundane. Im used to seeing murders - seeing the whole world at stake in other fare - but here we have a common crime, a horrible one, but common nonetheless - and we're seeing the ripple effects of events like this percolating through the whole community. I am not sure I have seen this so well dramatized anywhere before. Really great season. And i dunno if camera techology has been improving along with the art of cinematography or something but Broadchurch's beauty was captured so so well - maybe it was the right time of year to be filming too...
I loved season 3. I was reluctant to watch it because I thought season 2 went off the rails and I was worried this would be more of the same. Luckily not. I love the constant bickering between Olivia Coleman and David Tennant's characters.

First episode of season 3 of Fargo grabbed my attention. Loving Ewan McGregor as two mid-western brothers. Curious to see where this season goes.

Have also been enjoying The Trip To Spain. Didn't realize the other two seasons were actually a TV series before they were turned into movies. Do not watch whilst hungry. Anyways, it's funny and awkward and I pretty much die every time they do their Mick Jagger impersonations.

wickedken

TRIBE Member
The Bodyguard musical was pretty enjoyable! Of course no one can compare to Whitney but it has high notes on many aspects of the production. Sets made sense and looked very nice, the plot moved at a fairly quick pace but you would need to know the movie as there is no exposition to make room for the song and dance segments. If I had to make a complaint it would be Frank Farmer seemed a little more robotic and the use of projection film on the stage screen for montage - that really irks me overall.

praktik

TRIBE Member
lol, because of the bolding i thought you were talking about a show called "Gawd No!!!"

Too bad tho, you're missing out on some wicked Peter Stormare. Each ep starts with an intro of a god in letterbox, Anubis in episode 3 was a surreal dream man. Wicked shit.

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
eps 21 and 22 (season finale) of Marvel's Agents of Shield were, quite simply, 5 stars outta 5. And it's weird how, for a moment, we were rooting for (Big Bad) Aida/Ophelia, performed by Mallory Jansen, in a role she absolutely killed it. Great stuff.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I am really enjoying Better Call Saul Season 2, more for the development around the Saul & his brother & Mike characters than the cartel backstories. The dude who plays Saul's brother is nailing that part.