• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Shows worth watching?

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
These past few episodes of Supergirl, on the CW, have been just great. They just tapped former Lois Lane Teri Hatcher to be the new Big Bad, and she's really nasty. Great fun.
Also, some really solid fight scenes with great choreography.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member

MUSIC

IRVINE WELSH TO PEN NEW TV SERIES ABOUT ACID HOUSE, IBIZA87

Based loosely on DJs Danny Rampling, Paul Oakenfold, Nicky Holloway and Johnny Walker

A new television show, entitled Ibiza87, is currently in the works. Focusing on a group of a friends from South London, the series will tell the story of them journeying to Ibiza to become DJs.

The Trainspotting writer, Irvine Welsh, and award-winning screenwriter Dean Cavanagh will be penning the series, and the acid house chronicles will be directed by Fulwell 73.

The plot draws parallels to Rampling, Oakenfold, Holloway and Walker’s lives – from the group’s week-long trip to Ibiza in 1987 to the second summer of love. They’ll be involved in the series by compiling the acid house soundtrack.

On the subject of Ibiza87, Oakenfold says, “As you know, it ties in with the 30-year anniversary of our trip to Ibiza and what followed thereafter; the birth of the dance music club and festival scene as we know it today. It’s great to celebrate with this project as well as my world tour this year which is about just that, three generations of dance music.”

The release date is yet to be announced

wickedken

TRIBE Member
It was a little weak to start but this season of The Expanse is pretty damn good hard sci-fi. Keeps the sci-fi cheese to a minimum and can be pretty brutal. Hope this show keeps going.

acheron

TRIBE Member
Big Little Lies - really good murder mystery miniseries. Reese Witherspoon, Laura Dern, Nicole Kidman, Shailene Woodley and Alexander Skarsgard. Finale was last night, it's seven episodes so easy for the bingewatching crowd.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

basketballjones

TRIBE Member

On the subject of Ibiza87, Oakenfold says, “As you know, it ties in with the 30-year anniversary of our trip to Ibiza and what followed thereafter; the birth of the dance music club and festival scene as we know it today. It’s great to celebrate with this project as well as my world tour this year which is about just that, three generations of dance music.”
no ego there. yes you and your buddies completely started the scene. gimme a break

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
no ego there. yes you and your buddies completely started the scene. gimme a break
That story is legendary, qualifiable and definitely enough for the basis of a kick-ass show. Add Alexander Robitnik, Pierre, Spanky and Herb J, Adonis, Fast Eddie, Maurice, A Guy Called Gerald, etc. and I'm all over it!

lobo

TRIBE Member
13 Reasons Why on Netflix is supposed to be pretty good. Just watched the first two and it's managed to catch my interest.

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
Big Little Lies - really good murder mystery miniseries. Reese Witherspoon, Laura Dern, Nicole Kidman, Shailene Woodley and Alexander Skarsgard. Finale was last night, it's seven episodes so easy for the bingewatching crowd.
Absolutely loved this miniseries. The acting, the writing and the music was incredible. Every episode felt like a little masterpiece. Still listening to the soundtrack on Spotify.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
No it isn't garbage. Just not up to the level of the other shows. There are some excellent characters (the Meechums) and the story is pretty good. The action leaves a lot to be desired though.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
No it isn't garbage. Just not up to the level of the other shows. There are some excellent characters (the Meechums) and the story is pretty good. The action leaves a lot to be desired though.
Chris, you know I love you but I cannot believe you like it, having said that I am going to finish season 1 (begrudgingly).

Theres the Nurse, who was also in Daredevil and Luke Cage who is good and the MA instructor is good. But the Meechums? seriously? all of them are terrible, the sister might be the best of the bunch. but the worst by far is Danny Rand, the kid simply cannot act. I have no clue how he got that part.

I loved Daredevil and enjoyed Luke Cage but this is lower tier, like a soap opera/comic book adaptation just horrible

If Clueless and Legally Blonde had a superhero baby Danny Rand would be it. I get it's supposed to be a bit Campy but it's not tongue in cheek at all and comes across as a sub par plot and very little substance.

Lojack

TRIBE Member
Casting is important.

I'm not a fan, my SO likes it though, a dirty little pleasure that requires suspension of disbelief and critical thinking. Still, I hear her complain constantly when she watches it how he can't fight.

lobo

TRIBE Member
How is it on the melancholy? Is it a meditation on grief a la Broadchurch?
Never watched Broadchurch but I'm only a few episodes in so far. I think I'm more hooked now with all the players being fleshed out now and trying to determine who did what.