• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Shows worth watching?

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
luke cage is great. almost powered through it yesterday.
aftermath was pretty good for the 1st ep. hope it doesnt tank like so many other shows

praktik

TRIBE Member
episode 3 here as well - digging it..;)

Loved Saadiq's tracks in episode one, ordered his 2xLP right after..;)

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Luke Cage is the bomb. Method Man Cameo what?!? I finished the whole series on the weekend. Love that they hit the Civil War issues at a different level.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
Fleabag is great! It makes me uncomfortable, but also laugh out loud all at the same time.
Watched the first episode of season 3 of The Fall. Slow start, but I was into it.
Have also started watching the Wire. Figured it needed to be done.
I could not do The Get Down. Too cheesy for my tastes.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Luke Cage is really very good! The look, the story, the music... That club is amazing too! We need one of those in Toronto - an intimate venue with good sight lines and some style.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Well, its not like they had a small budget with SyFy, but i see this as a good thing. Netflix acquiring it as a whole, not piecing it together, allows them to continue you what was started with a little more security vs SyFy, whose dropped shows due to ratings without even giving them a chance to really get going.

Also, an EFF TON more exposure IMO.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member

I really liked the book series, a huge space opera with a small number of clearly defined characters. The show seemed almost early Canadian in the way it was produced and/or written, so I guess more money might improve it... I thin the story was too big to describe in the show and I was a bit lost with some of the political stuff until I read the books.

Lojack

TRIBE Member
Spent the last few days sick with the flu, so we caught up on The Expanse. We enjoyed it and had fun picking out the various Toronto locations it was shot. Now waiting for January and a new season.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I just started watching GOLIATH, which is legal drama featuring Billy Bob Thornton, William Hurt, and Molly Parker. It has a crappy theme song and starts off a bit cliche, but stick with it, there are some serious WTF!? surprise moments in it, and the acting is top notch.

ScottBentley

TRIBE Member
The Expanse acquired by Netflix!...

I hope they do a better job with it than they did with Black Mirror. I just watched part of the first episode of "Season 3", but had to turn it off. Holy shit was it annoyingly bad. I guess the good thing is that each episode is completely different, but shows usually put up one of their strongest first. We'll see I guess.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I hope they do a better job with it than they did with Black Mirror. I just watched part of the first episode of "Season 3", but had to turn it off. Holy shit was it annoyingly bad. I guess the good thing is that each episode is completely different, but shows usually put up one of their strongest first. We'll see I guess.

That was the entire point of that episode! I struggled through the first few minutes of it and then it started to work - it eviscerated facebook 'like' culture, showing us what a word would be like when that goes out of control. It was great, classic Science Fiction IMO. The second episode is about gaming and human-computer connectivity but also starts off slow. I find the Black Mirrors all kind of take their time building up story in the first 2/3 of the episode and then unleash the classic SciFi twist in the last 1/3.

Last edited: