• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Shows worth watching?

chooch

TRIBE Member
since i've given up cable, my life has changed when it comes to watchin' tv....i do get global, tvo, omini channels, random US channels, cbc, ctv, citytv and pbs so i oscillate between these...with no tv guide channel i catch what i catch whenever. it makes tv less appealing. i like it. :D

i'll catch survivor, canadian version of so you think you can dance, satuday night at the movies on pbs, bollywood movies on sat and sun afternoons on omni and that is about it.

kaniz

TRIBE Member
Japanese(style) game shows imported to America are best left at MXC. Americans trying to reproduce Japanese style game shows (ie: Wipeout, I survived a Japanese game show) fail .. fail oh so hard it's almost painful.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
I confess I watched an episode of Who Wants to Work For Diddy and now I want to know what's going to happen.

I love how seriously someone named "Diddy" takes themselves.

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
In addition
Fringe (dl'd last night, will watch later)
Raising The bar (TNT drama with Zach Morris as a hotshot lawyer and the mom from Malcolm in the middle as a sadistic judge (like Judge Harm on the simpsons) the fist ep was damn good, so I'm staying with it)

Terminator (Saw a bit, dl'd to watch tonight)
Office
30 Rock
Heroes (get ready for Hero Mondays, all are invited to join our posse)

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Hi i'm God said:
Yes! I'll watch True blood if the first season is a group of renegade Vampires trying to stop the Vampire registration act, while policing their own kind.
Oh shit it even stars Anna paquin. lol.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kaniz

TRIBE Member
I didnt mind Scrubs, but it was rarely a show that I would go out of my way to see / make a point of watching it. Maybe I'll start snagging up the episodes of the last season.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
The shows i'm excited about are:

Heroes
True Blood
Nip/Tuck
Gossip Girl

I stopped watching Lost/prison break and smallville. I can't get into those
shows anymore.

I downloaded the first season of WEEDS. I just have to find time to watch it.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
I was racing last night and missed Fringe. I'm hoping I can catch it or download it soon. This True Blood sounds interesting though.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

djglobalkiller

TRIBE Promoter
the diddy show is rediculously stupid.... i cant believe someone can command that type of planning, its like they got money, and became an imbecile, and cant do anything on their own anymore.....

also the people trying to get the position and the people that have the position are way too intense and high maintenance... so dramaticly overdone

derek

TRIBE Member
hell, i'm still getting through dexter season 1, i'm like it a lot, it's just my schedule is kind of crazy right now. i'm on season 3 of the venture brothers though (one of the better and funnier animated shows imo).

bitchass

TRIBE Member
Strangely enough, I'd never heard anything about Fringe but ended up downloading it and watching it late last night. Was immediately annoyed by what seems to be the same music and sound effects as Lost and only when I saw the credits as JJ Abrams did it make sense. Didn't even get interesting until the last 5 minutes of the show.

Fell asleep after 15 minutes of True Blood and am going to try again tonight...

Gordon Ramsey's american shows are fucking bullshit - in the British versions they're copying, he actually seems like a pretty personable nice guy (that yeah, happens to swear a lot) And the constant recaps and fake drama completely ruin the show. The british FWord is actually a family show but I rarely recognize the guests!

D1Willow

TRIBE Member
kaniz said:
True Blood is Alan Balls (of 6ft under) new show. It's about Vampires and set in Louisiana. Basic premise of the show: The japanese have perfected a synthetic blood called "True Blood" that satisfies the Vampires need to feed (and not need to eat humans to stay alive), so they have 'come out of the coffin' and are now trying to integrate into normal society.

Reading up on the initial premise was a bit "eh, sounds kinda lame", but the actual show was really good. There are two episodes on bit torrent right now, or if you walk past Y&Dundas, they are/were handing out DVDs of the 1st episode (although its watermarked - better off watching it from a download).

Airs on HBO/TMN - not sure of what time/date though.
Also heard the vampire aspect is supposed to be a metaphor for inter race relations.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
I've seen episode of Peep show in the youtube thread, and I really enjoyed that show... couldn't stop laughing. I hope we get that show soon because I would be a regular viewer.

Last edited:

sk8

TRIBE Member
daddyiwantchocolate said:
My pal Hainsley is on Mantracker soon, they just finished filming in August.
Let me know if you see him!
will do!

there's a bunch of new episodes on now - we just taped the one with two locals on it - there were signs outside of sports bars up here "Watch Buck and RJ on Mantracker LIVE". I love Barrie.

Last edited:

kaniz

TRIBE Member
D1Willow said:
Also heard the vampire aspect is supposed to be a metaphor for inter race relations.
I took it more as any sort of minority-relations in America - race or sexuality. It's not that subtle of a metaphor in the show IMO.

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
Real Time With Bill Maher just started back up

Mad Men

Greys Anatomy

Amazing Race (when does this start back up?)

Psyrel

TRIBE Member
True Blood is based on Charlaine Harris' books. I've read 2 of them and didn't really like them, the writing's a tad clunky and I simply could not warm up to Sookie's character. However, I've seen episode 1 and Anna Paquin is winning me over.