1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Shows worth watching?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by kaniz, Sep 10, 2008.

1. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

The fall TV season is starting to kick into gear - what shows are worth watching/hype worthy?

Never heard of Fringe as mentioned by Groovespinna. But, I have started to watch True Blood and really enjoying it, even though I've only seen two episodes of it. Either way, it looks promising.

The Dexter Pre-air of episode 1 has leaked out, however it left me feeling a bit "meh".

Terminator is also starting up again, I started to get into the last season, so looking forward to starting up on Season 2 again.

What else is going to be worth adding into my torrent download list in the upcoming months?

2. Boss Hog

Boss Hog TRIBE Member

I've said it before, I'll say it again, it's all about the fucking BIGGEST LOSER.

If you don't believe me, just watch the first episode on Tuesday night.

3. Preroller

Preroller TRIBE Member

I'm excited that Heroes is back... 2 more weeks!

Loved the first ep of True Blood I watched.

Haven't heard to much about anything else.

4. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

this year, i'll watch BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, HEROES, SMALLVILLE, SOUTH PARK and probably TERMINATOR: SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES.

the first episode this year of TERMINATOR was great.

jury's out on FRINGE and 90210.

i'll catch the HBO shows (i.e. CALIFORNICATION, GENERATION KILL, ENTOURAGE, et al.) in marathon TMN-OD sessions.

what's TRUE BLOOD and when's it on?

there seems to be a lesser amount of new shows, likely fallout from the writers' guild strike.

5. Preroller

Preroller TRIBE Member

Oh ya, forgot about Smallville!

Will, TB is on TMN. It's about Vampires that live among the regular people in small town Louisiana.

6. sheik rock

sheik rock TRIBE Member

The last season of "The Shield" has started. Brutal cop show, great for a more over the top, post "The Wire", fix.

7. Krzysiu

Krzysiu TRIBE Member

kmw wrote off my list... I shall expect him to be prevalent in those show discussion threads

8. sk8

sk8 TRIBE Member

I shall watch all my regular lineup - all the CSIs, all the Law and Orders. I enjoy shows where crime happens and then they solve it using science or gritty police work in about an hour. Minimal character drama please.

The very last season of ER (this is my "girlie drama show")

Prison Break - it's getting silly but I still like it

Still catching up on Dexter and still loving it

Weeds. best show ever.

Really enjoyed the first Fringe - so will continue with that

Steve loves the Terminator show but I just can't get into it. So he'll watch that without me.

and of course - MANTRACKER.

9. Lil'Timmy

Lil'Timmy TRIBE Promoter

Gossip Girl
    yeah that's right, I like it, wanna fight about it!

10. Puma

Puma TRIBE Member

Entourage

11. grounded4life

grounded4life TRIBE Member

I hear heroes is supposed to be a 3 hr season premiere. can anyone confirm that?

12. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA isn't coming out until April 2009, btw. So it isn't exactly a "fall" show.

13. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

True Blood is Alan Balls (of 6ft under) new show. It's about Vampires and set in Louisiana. Basic premise of the show: The japanese have perfected a synthetic blood called "True Blood" that satisfies the Vampires need to feed (and not need to eat humans to stay alive), so they have 'come out of the coffin' and are now trying to integrate into normal society.

Reading up on the initial premise was a bit "eh, sounds kinda lame", but the actual show was really good. There are two episodes on bit torrent right now, or if you walk past Y&Dundas, they are/were handing out DVDs of the 1st episode (although its watermarked - better off watching it from a download).

Airs on HBO/TMN - not sure of what time/date though.

14. SJN

SJN TRIBE Member

the two best tv cop shows ever....but for the record, The Shield actually came first

15. Boss Hog

Boss Hog TRIBE Member

hey guys... you ready to party?

[​IMG]

she's gonna be hot.

16. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

Yes! I'll watch True blood if the first season is a group of renegade Vampires trying to stop the Vampire registration act, while policing their own kind.

17. sheik rock

sheik rock TRIBE Member

Yes, but "The Wire" is over, so we are now in a post "The Wire" Era. We are in the year 1ATW (After The Wire).

And the first episode comes with bonus face-punching for Shane!

18. daddyiwantchocolate

daddyiwantchocolate TRIBE Member

My pal Hainsley is on Mantracker soon, they just finished filming in August.
    Let me know if you see him!

19. Karim

Karim TRIBE Member

20. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

You can't go wrong with a show from a dude named BALLS.

21. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

30 Rock
    Scrubs
    Lost

22. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

Scrubs is still on?

23. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

New Chef Ramesy show called "The F word" haven't seen it yet, but he always entertains some how in his TV shows.

24. Metal Morphosis

Metal Morphosis TRIBE Member

i'll be watching these as well.

in addition, i've started watching 90210 and think i'll stick with it for a bit since there's nothing else on Tuesday nights.
    i'm skipping ANTM this season... probably forever.
    i have episode one of true blood on the PVR, still need to watch it, but glad to see the reviews here are good.
    and let's not forget about Brothers & Sisters - one of my favs, season 3 starts at the end of the month. woot!

25. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe TRIBE Member

I caught the end of a new show last night called "Hole in the Wall." Regrettably, it's not about a hole in the wall of a truck stop bathroom attended by someone named Large Marge, but, rather, a Japanese-style game show, but produced by Americans. Reminded me of something that might be on television in Idiocracy.