1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Show us your tats

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by KiFe, Nov 26, 2004.

1. emiwee

emiwee TRIBE Member

Haha. Amazing.

P.S. Hi Andrew!! I miss you.

2. derek

derek TRIBE Member

aki, i dig your 'goggle baby' dude. nice job.

3. aki

aki TRIBE Promoter

Thanks! The 'goggle baby' is a character taken from H.R. Giger's "Birth Machine"
    The frame/background was drawn by Greg Kidd at Sal's Tattoo and Barber Shop: Sal's Tattoo & Barber Shop

Greg is an incredible, unassuming artist. He does amazing black/grey shading, and has a really good and unique feel for Bio-mech stuff. Don't judge him by his website. It hasn't been updated for years. He's more of a word-of-mouth kind of guy.

4. MCN

MCN TRIBE Member

actually...quite the opposite, I over paid and the artist was bizzare
    lesson learned

oh that Jesus juice...

5. MissBlu

MissBlu TRIBE Member

i need a recommendation for someone who can do floral really well, for a larger piece...

anyone have any ideas?

6. Astroboy

Astroboy TRIBE Member

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  7. MissBlu

MissBlu TRIBE Member

8. Booty Bits

Booty Bits TRIBE Member

9. daddyiwantchocolate

daddyiwantchocolate TRIBE Member

10. snaggleface

snaggleface TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

behind the art of bacon.

11. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

Astroboy from Tribe...duhhh.

12. MCN

MCN TRIBE Member

stuartarchibaldtattoo.com he tatts at TCB at queen and bathurst

Outline
    [​IMG]

Colour and coverup

[​IMG]

13. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

14. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

Does anyone remember the name/website of that really talented artist whose website was posted here years ago? I think his name was Damien Rothchild (sp?) but I can't seem to find anything under that name. He does the really good fineline work.

15. xsre

xsre TRIBE Member

Geeky tattoos is a fun site.

16. MissBlu

MissBlu TRIBE Member

i've put in a request here... love his black and white work, including his shading.

thanks!

17. stargurl*

stargurl* TRIBE Member

18. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

<3 <3 <3

19. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

Yeah Daemon's the dude who did my arm band years ago, I'd totally get more work done by him if I was back in Ontario. He does such siiiick work!

20. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

Going to get my next piece in January - its currently under construction.

21. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

Love this one:

[​IMG]

22. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

His work is incredible, but looking through his portfolio I see that most of his work is really tribally, not sure that's what I want for this particular tattoo. Maybe i'll contact him and see what's up.

23. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

So I went last week to meet an artist that a bunch of my friends swear by, I'm looking to get a memorial tat for my pops and had what I considered to be a great idea for a tat. So I get there last week and show the dude the pic and he assures me that it'll turn out great. He suggests we book an appointment for the following week and I leave my deposit. I felt like it was a bit premature to book an appointment since I hadn't even seen his ideas yet, but my friend assures me the guy is amazing, so I agree.
    Anyway, during the week I started getting second thoughts so I call the guy and cancel the appointment. He's fine with it, but suggests that I come in on my appointment slot (which he had filled) to pick up the sketch and my original picture. So I went in there last night to see him and he shows me the most terrible representation that I could ever have imagined, the sketch was just fucking horrible. Then, as we start conversing I realize he's stoned as fuck and the dude has an appointment coming in. Not to mention that the first time I met him I got the feeling that he was high on coke. (I know someone that sells it to him, but I figured he was responsible enough that he didn't do it while working).

Anyway, so so so so glad I got cold feet as that would have turned into a nightmare. I think i'll wait for Daemon.

24. Caz

Caz TRIBE Member

Be careful out there stirry.

[​IMG]

25. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

lol
    "that's a man, man"