• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Should you unfriend people who post Zionist propaganda on facebook but seem normal at other times?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I am getting pretty tired of seeing Zionist propaganda appearing in my fb timeline from fb friends who seem normal most of the time, but when it comes to Isreal and Palestine and Palestinians they post the most hateful and false crap.

Should I unfriend them? Or is there a way to mute them on fb so I don't get to see posts that are probably being forwarded straight from the Propaganda Ministry in Tel Aviv.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Holy crap that Forbes site is an advertising nightmare!

Anyway, for those of you who want to unfollow someone because of the crap they post yet still remain fb friends with them, here is what you do:

1. Go to their facebook page (click on their Name on your feed or search for them on fb)

2. To the right at the top of their page you will see:

CLick on "following" and it will switch to "follow" and look like this:

3. Yer done and the propaganda flow will be instantly cut in half.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I thnk there's an easier way,

You can just hover on the upper right of the offending post, click, and there are options to stop seeing ads/posts from said person.

-jM
A&D

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
That, or preface whatever it is you're talking about with "the".

Yeah, I use the Facebook.

Ah yes, the Twitter - a most excellent program!

awwnaw

TRIBE Member
Jebus. When you see any post from any one; FB ad or a friends status, hover over to the right if it and you'll get a drop down of options. Click 'hide everything from xxxxxxx' and you won't see that persons posts any more or ads from that advertiser.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
What constitutes Zionist propaganda?
The National Post is pretty close to pure Zionist propaganda these days, but I am talking about pure hate 'articles' from Israeli sources.

Evil shit that is so obviously bogus I don't want to see it on my facebook thingy. One sided crap , the sole purpose of which is to try and make the reader hate Palestinians or see them as sub human and deserving of their current fate.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Social media in general has become so political, it's defeated the purpose it was intended to serve. There's like pretty much no point to it all anymore, it was better when if you wanted to speak to folks, you do it in person.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

mute79

TRIBE Member
Social media in general has become so political, it's defeated the purpose it was intended to serve. There's like pretty much no point to it all anymore, it was better when if you wanted to speak to folks, you do it in person.
So you're saying that politics were never topics of conversation among friends before the advent of social media?

mute79

TRIBE Member
The National Post is pretty close to pure Zionist propaganda these days, but I am talking about pure hate 'articles' from Israeli sources.

Evil shit that is so obviously bogus I don't want to see it on my facebook thingy. One sided crap , the sole purpose of which is to try and make the reader hate Palestinians or see them as sub human and deserving of their current fate.
Could you cite a source? I would like to know what Zionist propaganda looks like.

DJ Vuvu Zela

TRIBE Member
Any examples?

The post is generally conservative tripe, but there are a couple of columnists that are usually at least reasonable.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
With the aforementioned hover to the right method, you can even put in a reason why you don't want to see the stuff anymore.

-jM
A&D

mute79

TRIBE Member
So, I don't quite get this thread. The question posted by Alex seemed to have been genuine and he mentioned National Post but failed to cite articles and instead applied a label of Israeli propaganda.

But the original thread question can't be answered without examples of Zionist propaganda. Was the point of the thread then to be a veiled jab at Israel as it seems to imply negativity towards it in the conflict?

What am I missing here?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
So, I don't quite get this thread. The question posted by Alex seemed to have been genuine and he mentioned National Post but failed to cite articles and instead applied a label of Israeli propaganda.

But the original thread question can't be answered without examples of Zionist propaganda. Was the point of the thread then to be a veiled jab at Israel as it seems to imply negativity towards it in the conflict?

What am I missing here?
Sure it can. The original question is how do I block crap from coming into my fb feed. Why do I have to provide examples if I don't want to see them in the first place or share them with anyone?

As for the post, as an example of their 'balanced' reporting - National Post never even had coverage of the UN school bombing today, or if they did it was buried below news of Blakie Lively's new website launch in the entertainment section. In contrast, this was the main story in every other Canadian media site today, and 100% of legitimate news media sites around the world.

At least I learned how to stop crap from people coming into my FB feed. For that I am grateful. I suck at fb.

mute79

TRIBE Member
I thought the original question was whether you should unfriend somebody for posting Zionist propaganda. The question cannot be answered unless the notion of Zionist propaganda is clarified.

Either way, doesn't seem like we're making any progress here.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders