• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Should Roenick get more games after this little rant?

dabeats

TRIBE Member
J.R. rips into Bettman

Ah yes, we can always count on Jeremy Roenick for a good quote or two.

TORONTO - Philadelphia Flyers forward Jeremy Roenick remains livid at the NHL and has made commissioner Gary Bettman the target of latest rant.

"(Bettman) forgot that the NHL merged with the WWF and we hide razor blades in our pockets and cut ourselves so we can get calls," Roenick told the Camden Courier Post on Thursday, as quoted by the Toronto Star.

"I'm just surprised that you can get fined $91,000 for throwing a water bottle on the ice. It's like fining Gary Bettman for all those lies about the collective bargaining agreement coming. He throws those around like they're candy.

"The NHLPA should fine him for those."

It's the third straight day Roenick has slammed the NHL.

On Tuesday, Roenick went off when he was hit by a high stick from a Buffalo Sabre in the third period and there was no call. He skated by referee Blaine Angus and appeared to spit blood near him.

Angus told Roenick he did not see the infraction, which caused Roenick to erupt. His mouth bloodied, Roenick threw a water bottle across the ice at Angus and was ejected.

He tore into the NHL and its officials after the game and received a one-game suspension Wednesday, triggering another diatribe.

The suspension will cost Roenick $91,463.41 US in salary and prevent him from taking part in Friday's game against Toronto.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kuba

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by dabeats
It`s funny too if it was Tucker or Domi they would be out for at least 5 games.
thats cuz tucker and domi (tucker to a lesser extent) are goons. Roenick is and has been a top ten player all his life. Guys like that should be protected, and Im glad he said what he did about that rat bettman. Hes a fuckface and he has singlehandedly fucked the NHL, and will continue to do so until he agrees that NOT ALL MARKETS can handle the NHL.

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
I think he has a good point in that the game is not about the referees. Same as the NBA.

They need to be accountable for their actions and right now they are not.

People get sticked all the time. That's just a part of the game at this point. But with 4 officials on the ice you have to see this stuff and call it. I'm sure I would have lost it to if I was him.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by qtip
thats cuz tucker and domi (tucker to a lesser extent) are goons. Roenick is and has been a top ten player all his life. Guys like that should be protected, and Im glad he said what he did about that rat bettman. Hes a fuckface and he has singlehandedly fucked the NHL, and will continue to do so until he agrees that NOT ALL MARKETS can handle the NHL.
Sorry but Roenick is not a Top 10 player. And I can list the players ahead of him if you wish. He;s just a big whinning kid. always has been always will be. He's just a sore loser.

Yes Bettman sucks.
Yes the Refs ARE people and PEOPLE make mistakes.
Yes there should be some kind of reproccusions when Refs mess up. Such as it is in the NFL.

And hey there is now a whole generation of Kids who don't know who the Hell the Nordiques are(let alone who Eric Lindros is) and think your talking about Christmas when you talk about the North Stars.

funkinbeats

TRIBE Member
I want the NHL to piss off Roenick some more, I wanna see how far they can test his limits! Maybe he'll throw a bench (like Robbie Ftorek did) or throw a skate or helmet!

hahaha pure entertainment!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
I dunno, regardless how much he makes, Roenik does, again, make a great point IMO. The NHL has turned ultra ugly in the past decade. Quality/skill regressing, a lot of dives, trap, etc etc.

What gets me most is all of the cheap shit like grabbing other people's sticks in an attempt to make it look like they're hooking you when they try to wiggle it free. The hacking, high sticks, cheap shots, cross checking... a lot of shit like that have tainted it.

Before when you saw someone fall down in your line of fire, you don't shoot. It was out of common curteosy... winning and millions wasn't everything.

If kids start playing like that in pee wee, as a parent, I'd be livid. A whole lot of drama and not enough skill.

but... I could be wrong.

SENSEi

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Zorro
And hey there is now a whole generation of Kids who don't know who the Hell the Nordiques are(let alone who Eric Lindros is) and think your talking about Christmas when you talk about the North Stars.
Is Lindros still playing?
Where is he now?

Is he any good?

silver1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will
it's called the WWE.

leave the wrestling (talk) to the professionals.
If you knew what a "mark" was, there would be no need to correct my choice of acronym.