• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Should I quit my job?

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Pros of the Job
--a paycheque

Cons of the Job
--it is a babysitting service for complete idiots
--not allowed to use my brain (it is atrophying)
--morons all around
--not allowed to think
--fucking idiots all over the place
--get in shit for using my head
--surrounded by retards and dimwits
--mind-numbing work, suited for monkeys on ketamine

As you might surmise, I would like to be able to use my head for something. Stuck here, I can't, I'm not allowed to, and it is very hard for me to sleep, since people make noise and wake me up constantly.

I would rather waste away living behind Loblaws in a fucking dumpster than continue like this. You know, when it rains, on the way to work I don't use my windshield wipers in the hopes of haing an accident-- I would rather have two broken legs and half my skull smashed in than work here.

Einstein once said something to the effect of "none of my idea came from rational thinking", which makes me wonder: Is this place full of Einsteins?

FC St. Pauli

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
Pros of the Job
--a paycheque

Cons of the Job
--morons all around
--not allowed to think

As you might surmise, I would like to be able to use my head for something. Stuck here, I can't, I'm not allowed to, and it is very hard for me to sleep, since people make noise and wake me up constantly.

I would rather waste away living behind Loblaws in a fucking dumpster than continue like this. You know, when it rains, on the way to work I don't use my windshield wipers in the hopes of haing an accident-- I would rather have two broken legs and half my skull smashed in than work here.

Einstein once said something to the effect of "none of my idea came from rational thinking", which makes me wonder: Is this place full of Einsteins?
that is one hell of a good pro

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
what do you what to do? what kind of jobs are you interested in?

one approach that has always worked for me when i've wanted to find anew job - tell everyone you know and sort of knwo that you are looking for a job - bring it up in conversatoins with new people - in other words, network your ass off.

you also need to tell them what you can do, what kind of job you think you'd like etc. because that's what triggers the connections.

anyone you know or run into could potentially lead to a new job - it happens all the time ... my friends' sister's ex boyfriend told me about a job one time, one that was right for me too, recommended me for an interview and i got it.

yesterday i had a 2nd meeting with a woman who works for one of my company's suppliers ... chatting at the end of the meeting led to movie talk, led to my boyfriend - editor / director / submitted movie to hot docs - led to her telling me her co is looking for an editor, why not tell him to get in touch with me - my boyfriend is looking for an editing job so that was wicked!!

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
I realized a few years back that my expectations are set to high when it comes to employment.

I now set my expectations purely on the number on the paycheck. The bigger the number the happier I am regardless of how crappy my job is.

Very few people are happy at there job, especially if they've been working at the same place for a few years.

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
SAme situation I'm in. I've been looking for a new one for about 3 months now. At first I was determined to find a job I'd really like and be interested in--especially as I'll likely have to take a job that pays less--but I'm getting more more and more desparate to just get the hell out. I've even been looking at part time jobs now, thinking "Hey, I could just get 2 part time jobs."

It's like a race for my sanity now: can I find a job worth leaving for before I have a nervous breakdown?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

CiG

TRIBE Member
HEllO?

Originally posted by PosTMOd
You know, when it rains, on the way to work I don't use my windshield wipers in the hopes of haing an accident-- I would rather have two broken legs and half my skull smashed in than work here.
This made me laugh really really really hard haha... I kinda know how you feel... When I was in the reserves, during one of our many endless marches I thought about throwing my self into a ditch at the side of the path in hopes of hurting my self and getting on the truck lol...

I can't give you any advice, cause I'm stuck at a mind numbing job my self... I decided to ditch everything and go to Europe for five months starting in March... Then I'll worry about a job when I come back...

BYe nOW
Luka

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
Don't quit without something lined up, but make it your hobby to search for a new job. Make resumes and newspaper skimming the thing you do, even at work if you can get away with it.

Try to send out five resumes a week. Make it a goal. Shoot for really choice jobs as well, ones you don't think you'll get.

When you have a job, that's the time to look for your dream job. When you are out of a job, you end up taking anything that will pay the bills.

Jobhunting, like anything else in business, should be done from a position of strength rather than a position of need.

jeffpayne

TRIBE Member
Should I quit my job?
Pros of the Job
--a paycheque

Cons of the Job
--morons all around
--not allowed to think

I don't understand this post?

PosTMod, maybe you should read what you just wrote and answer your own question.
I was stuck in a job like this for the longest time until I quit and had only good things happen as a result.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Torso

TRIBE Member
The impression I have of PosTMOd is that he thinks everybody, save himself, are idiots. He is the only man alive with any brain power.
How do you expect to find a place on earth that is of your standard? It's gotta be tough to be you...

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Torso
The impression I have of PosTMOd is that he thinks everybody, save himself, are idiots.
I don't actually think that until it is proven to me.

You just proved it about yourself... haha...

derek

TRIBE Member
look for another job. try to plan it so you start in march or april. get your bonus, and resign at the same time.

i did that with my first job out of university. nothing beats the look in you bosses face (he was a complete idiot, that couldn't think if his life depended on it; a 'yes' man if there ever was one.

peace,

derek

Last edited:

SENSEi

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Torso
The impression I have of PosTMOd is that he thinks everybody, save himself, are idiots. He is the only man alive with any brain power.
How do you expect to find a place on earth that is of your standard? It's gotta be tough to be you...
Seems that way...

Let's just hope he can find a job where they don't collect pop can tabs.

Maybe they will collect pennies instead.
Cause you know, it just makes more sense.

Moe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Evil Dynovac
Don't quit without something lined up, but make it your hobby to search for a new job. Make resumes and newspaper skimming the thing you do, even at work if you can get away with it.

Try to send out five resumes a week. Make it a goal. Shoot for really choice jobs as well, ones you don't think you'll get.

When you have a job, that's the time to look for your dream job. When you are out of a job, you end up taking anything that will pay the bills.

Jobhunting, like anything else in business, should be done from a position of strength rather than a position of need.
That was such a intelligent answer.....

I think I am going to follow your advise... wanna be my therapist???