• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

should I get my friend a job?

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Some of you might remember I started a thread a while back about a friend that is wasting his life away doing nothing.

Anyhow, I've been put in the situation where I might be able to get him a job with the company that I work for. However, I'm reminded of the quote "fish for a man and he'll eat for a day, teach a man how to fish, and he'll eat for life". The individual in question has a bit of a pride issue. He expects a lot and doesn't think that he should settle for anything else.

So this is why I'm not sure if I should hook him up with a job. He's in desperate need of one, and this would be an excellent opportunity for him, but he's completely unambitious and demotivated. I just think that he should find a job on his own ad learn some things about networking, because he seems to have no concept of how htings work in the world and how sometimes you have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to get where you want.
 

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
good lord jesus,are you still going on about this?fuck,get him a job or cut him loose,and shut the fuck up about it already.
 

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OhNo!
good lord jesus,are you still going on about this?fuck,get him a job or cut him loose,and shut the fuck up about it already.
Excuse me?

Who are you and why do you act like you know me?

Meet me at Alliance Atlantis and say that shit to my face.

PM me if you're serious.
 

finary

TRIBE Promoter
1) Would you apprecite it if a friend of yours offered you a job-lead when you desperately needed a job?
2) If he takes the job, then screws up will it make you look bad?

/finary
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by finary

2) If he takes the job, then screws up will it make you look bad?

/finary
It won't make me look bad because I'm in pretty good with my boss.

The only thing it'll do is possibly prevent me from being able to hook up any other people with jobs.
 

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mr_Furious
Excuse me?

Who are you and why do you think you know me?

Meet me at Alliance Atlantis and say that shit to my face.

PM me if you're serious.
hey asshole,you dragged you and your sorry friends life onto this board 2 times now.you asked for an opinion,you got one.
 

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
1) I would appreciate it
2) I wont fuck it up and make you look bad!
3) I bet I look better in a tight shirt than your friend does :p

HIRE ME HIRE ME HIRE ME!!!
 

H2Whoa

TRIBE Member
Mr F when did OhNo! say they knew you?

I agree with OhNo! Just do it or don't. Stop talking about it and get a thicker internet skin.
 

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
tough call.

it feels great to be able to help out a friend, but it's an even worse feeling knowing that you've put yourself (and possibly your job) on the line for someone who really doesn't give a fuck.

I wouldn't recommend it if you are not confident that they will take into consideration the effort that you've put forth in order to help them out and how they might make you look bad.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hi i'm God
1) I would appreciate it
2) I wont fuck it up and make you look bad!
3) I bet I look better in a tight shirt than your friend does :p

HIRE ME HIRE ME HIRE ME!!!
 

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OhNo!
hey asshole,you dragged you and your sorry friends life onto this board 2 times now.you asked for an opinion,you got one.
So typical for a pussy to hide behind an internet persona.

Go home and un bunch your panties unless your ready to step up to the plate and back up your diarrhea of the mouth.
 

finary

TRIBE Promoter
i'd do it if i didnt care about my professional reputation
in that case you have nothing to lose

but if the guys a useless fuck, and he sure sounds like one, dont count on him to appreciate it, try hard, or put any value in it.
 

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by H2Whoa
Mr F when did OhNo! say they knew you?

I agree with OhNo! Just do it or don't. Stop talking about it and get a thicker internet skin.
It's not about the toughness of the skin.

It's about him trying to act like a big man while hiding behind a monitor.

He's probably got the Napolean complex.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Dirtymatt

TRIBE Member
But if you give the job to a friend you could miss out on making new acquaintances- or miss out on a new idiot.
 

IgStar

TRIBE Member
no.

if you are questioning it, you already know that it's gonna end the way. if you had the upmost confidence in his ability to not fuck up, you wouldn't ask.

nah, this ain't your problem. Snaps to you for wanting to help though.
 

tablist

TRIBE Member
by the sounds of this friend Will, you'd be better off saving it for somebody who'll appreciate the job, and not make you look bad. My $0.02

Gimme a call dude!
 

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Indian Girl
no.

if you are questioning it, you already know that it's gonna end the way. if you had the upmost confidence in his ability to not fuck up, you wouldn't ask.

I don't think he's gonna fuck up.

I just think he should learn the value of what it takes the find a job.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mr_Furious
It's not about the toughness of the skin.

It's about him trying to act like a big man while hiding behind a monitor.

He's probably got the Napolean complex.
hide behind a monitor?look at your 7000 posts dude,you spend 1000s of hours behind a monitor and you have the nerve to call me an internet pussy?get a life homeboy.
 

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mr_Furious
Excuse me?

Who are you and why do you act like you know me?

Meet me at Alliance Atlantis and say that shit to my face.

PM me if you're serious.
Hey they'll be NO fighting between tribe personnas. At least not with out a thread started on taking bets for the fight.
 

IgStar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mr_Furious
I don't think he's gonna fuck up.

I just think he should learn the value of what it takes the find a job.
ok, or that too.

still. OR even better, ruin other people cahnces in the future, people who WANT TO WORK.
 

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dirty Girl
Hi i'm God ---- back off buddy, dont make me hurt you!! :mad:
I work with my in-laws & wife :( My Mother inlaw is the boss of me :( My Father-inlaw owns the company, even my wife is the president of marketing :(.
The only reason i'm here is it's 5 mins away from home :D
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
Top