• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

should cops have to pick up after their horses?

patri©k

TRIBE Member
I mean fuck... in the past few months that Malvern has really gone for a shit... they now have cops riding Clydesdales in and around our area.

walking home through a path I had to dodge several heaving mounds of horse shit.

don't people get fined for not picking up after their dog ?

what do you think ?

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
they should have a bag hanging underneath.. a shit-drop bag.. automatically catches the crap...

Funzo

TRIBE Member
That's the beauty of being a mounted police officer (I wanted to be one for so long, just so I could ride a horse all day) You don't have to pick up after them.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

vench

TRIBE Promoter
but if we have to pick up after our dogs, why can't they get off, pick up the shit, and put the bag in a garbage??

stoop and scoop should apply to all.

vench

starr

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Ditto Much
I don't see why in a modern city we have mounted cops.

Give them scooters, its not teh 1800's anymore.
well i would suggest bicycles over scooters, but yeah i don't get the horses

patri©k

TRIBE Member
especially in Malvern. like... wtf... I can't visualize Clydesdales chasing the hooligans in my neck of the woods. LOL.

AshG

horses are purely for intimidation and crowd control.

anyone remember the protest last summer where some group had marbles strewn all around the pavement?
cops didn't know quite what to do then.

being a police officer should mean that not only do you respect and obey all laws, you should lead by example, especially in the line of duty.
this goes for everything from hta violations to this kind of shit(pun intended).

honestly, this kind of hypocrisy angers me.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

AshG

Originally posted by mingster
meh...horse poo is hardly offensive.
i find it so.

but even if i didn't - its a rather large helping of literal shit.
if that ain't litter, i don't know what is.

acheron

TRIBE Member
I think I read somewhere in Toronto Life that the horse manure is collected by municipal workers within 24 hours after the patrol.

It should be noted that horse manure is not horrendously toxic to humans or anything - it's mostly straw, anyway - breaks down very easily.

Also. On the subject of the horses being purely for intimidation and crowd control - that _is_ one of their uses, of course, but they also have a very positive PR role for the cops - people love horses, and so do the cops who ride them. They look good they're maneuverable and they're quiet, compared to motorcycles or cars...

You might have noticed that the typical cop horse affords its rider a good six-to-eight foot high platform on which to survey the scene - very good for keeping an eye on the surroundings, even in the big big city.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by acheron
they also have a very positive PR role for the cops - people love horses, and so do the cops who ride them.
I think a better PR move would be making sure your cops aren't caught in drug scandals.

Originally posted by acheron
Also. On the subject of the horses being purely for intimidation and crowd control - that _is_ one of their uses, of course, but they also have a very positive PR role for the cops - people love horses, and so do the cops who ride them. They look good they're maneuverable and they're quiet, compared to motorcycles or cars...

You might have noticed that the typical cop horse affords its rider a good six-to-eight foot high platform on which to survey the scene - very good for keeping an eye on the surroundings, even in the big big city.
Prime answers right here.

And yes, there should be a diaper or something attached to the horse.

Psyklone

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by MalGlo
they should have a bag hanging underneath.. a shit-drop bag.. automatically catches the crap...
Like a diaper?

I would laugh for days if I saw that. I should call up David Miller on CP24 and ask him what he thinks about horsey diapers.

bambam

TRIBE Member
whats with this diaper rubbish. i say potty train them. public horse toilets for the whole town!
no, i really dont have anything worthwhile to contribute.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
thats so weird... police horse shit has been one of my pet peeves for the last couple years.
i was *just* bitching about this to my coworker on our walk home today.
i don't buy it that municipal workers pick it all up within 24 hours. i've been to the same shit site multiple times and found the horse shit there days in a row.

we came up with this idea of making public service announcements where bike cops get off their bikes and take a crap on the road, or cops in cruisers just shove their asses out the window to drop a load before driving off. there would be a caption like "does this seem normal to you?"

its fucking gross and if dog owners have to pick up after their dogs, cops should definitely be picking up their horse shit (which is about 200 times the size of a dog doodoo and in the middle of the fucking road)

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by patri©k
I mean fuck... in the past few months that Malvern has really gone for a shit... they now have cops riding Clydesdales in and around our area.

walking home through a path I had to dodge several heaving mounds of horse shit.

don't people get fined for not picking up after their dog ?

what do you think ?
yea they should pick up after their horses... I think it should be part of the cop duty.

AshG

Originally posted by Booty Bits

its fucking gross and if dog owners have to pick up after their dogs, cops should definitely be picking up their horse shit (which is about 200 times the size of a dog doodoo and in the middle of the fucking road)
exactly.
lead by example.

have some respect for the very laws you purport to defend, enforce, and obey yourselves.

Homermeow

TRIBE Member
mmmmm Horse Steak...... maybe we should just feed the homeless with those huge horses.... kill 2 birds with one stone... Dead horses don't shit!

or somethin like that....
Meow

mondo

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by rod_g
I think we should start shitting on the street

..I heard that they do in New Delhi, India. I'm sure that this occurs in many places around the world. It's not that far fetched.