1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Should a guy pay for a woman on a date?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Old Stradlater, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Old Stradlater

Old Stradlater TRIBE Member

Considering she is the one who is going to have to split her vagina wide open to deliver his child, I think she deserves a free meal.

2. Old Stradlater

See that's wonderful. But this guy from the beginning of the thread would probably say that makes you a gold digger, and that your boyfriend is a caveman and that you should have split the bill.

All this thread was really meant to do was confirm that guy was an asshole.

3. Resolver

Resolver TRIBE Member

Is that what getzky told you?

4. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

you gotta go back to 2004 for dating analogies eh matt? dizzam!

5. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

if you need a thread to confirm he's an asshole then how the fuck do you get up and manage to know what side is the front side of the panties you wear, mr stratedler?

6. artemis

artemis TRIBE Member

yeah...can you come over here?? ;) there's also a really mean looking spider on my monitor oh oh

and agreed about love - there are many different ways to express it other than lightbulbs and paying for dinner.

but i do believe that lightbulbs and dinner can be a part of that expression, in both female and male parties. certainly not necessary, but useful

sorry also about using the word 'force' as it seems to have given you the wrong impression.

mainly i meant that you've expressed a lack of desire to assist the girl in that manner as an expression of love, therefore causing the girl to have to do it herself all the time. i do think that's crap because people should help each other, especially in a romantic relationship

7. unique2100

unique2100 TRIBE Promoter

[​IMG]

8. Old Stradlater

"Anyway, if you take everything Old S. say's in context, it seems to me he's implying that his ways of showing "love" (and getting some) involve cash money and manual labour. Sad."

That's not what I said at all. I said I don't think there's anything wrong with the chivalry of wanting to pay for your girls dinner, or wanting to help her fix a lightbulb and it doesn't mean you are sexist or that she is a mooch.

9. junglegirl

junglegirl TRIBE Member

Ive been to a movie on a "date"

I dont think its the best thing but its not the worst thing...

10. kmac

kmac TRIBE Member

Myabe not for a first date, but it's not a bad date.

Go for drinks before movie, see movie, have shit to talk about after movie.

11. dicksherwood

dicksherwood TRIBE Member

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by alexd
    it is so refreshing when a girl whips out the cash or visa and insists on paying on a date.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UMMMM no, girl paying before you get her in the sac is all kinds of bad. It means you probably won't get laid

She'll go to bed with you not only because she's attracted to you but also as a "reward" or "to show a little appreciation" for you picking up the tab.

If she pays date is over as soon as you leave the restaurant, she's paid because she wants out and doesn't want to feel like she owes you anything.

12. unique2100

unique2100 TRIBE Promoter

I feel bad if the girl pays, even for herself. Dunno why, I'm poor. :p

13. grumblegirl

grumblegirl TRIBE Member

ding ding ding! we HAVE a winner!
    neanderthal of the year!

14. artemis

artemis TRIBE Member

umm. NO

15. dicksherwood

nothing neanderthal about it...just the way it is.

16. dicksherwood

ummmm. yeah.

17. artemis

artemis TRIBE Member

i find in life that one is often able to validate whatever philosophy they have chosen.

so if you actually believe this (and i really feel sorry for you if you do) then you are probably choosing to date girls who are actually like that, OR are completely dillusional while the girl is actually sleeping with you because she genuingely likes you

18. Polymorph

Polymorph TRIBE Member

ummm no. The scenario is more like this.... when the girl offers to pay with 'that type' of impulse...(it's all nuance, dude, put yourself in the moment), then you say, well, "ok, look, I've got a nice bottle of wine at my place, (the reciprocal action), if you'd like to extend this excellent conversation...."

If she says yes (which she will)...

winner.

of course the scenario could go your way. Hey, if she's sitting right across the table from you, you should be able to read which way it's going...

Last edited: Oct 7, 2005
  19. Skipper

Skipper TRIBE Member

*gasp*

20. artemis

artemis TRIBE Member

^^^ *crosses legs*

21. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

A-FUCKING-MEN TO THAT!

each situation is unique and people should do what feels right for them, in that moment.

22. marcinm

marcinm TRIBE Member

how about "i've got some ice-cold forty's at my house"?

would that work aswell?

23. dicksherwood

Don't feel badly for me, life's lookin pretty good from my vantage point.

From experience it looks something like this. Guy pays it's a date, therefore there is the possibility of extracurricular activities. Girl pays she's letting the guy know this is no longer a date, maybe friends or the girl has decided at some point she's not interested and does not want to create any expectations that MAY go along with it being a date.

It's obvious. Both scenarios have happened to me. If you have a even a small amount of tact and social awareness you pick up on these things.

24. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

of course it's always different in each situation

unless you're taking out mingster, then you best be buying her a nice bottle of wine and some lobster.

25. Aphrodite

Aphrodite TRIBE Member

I like going dutch, cuz then you don't feel pressured to give them a blow job