• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Short Term Car Rental ?

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
if i needed to have a car during the winter driving months for this upcoming winter only (or possibly only until end of january), what would you recommend?

i was considering buying a used beater, for < $3k, driving it for 2 - 3 months, and then selling it back to the dealership or via kijiji.

i checked budget rent-a-car, and they charge ~$800 per month for a rental.

does anyone else have a suggestion for a place that i could either rent or buy a car to use for 2 - 4 months this winter?

moose-meat

TRIBE Member
I just went thru the same hassle and got lucky with Lease-Busters.
You have to check them every day but eventually you may find something that works. I only needed a vehicle for 3 months but then settled on a 5-month lease takeover. Its hit or miss but give it a shot.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
nice! i just searched leasebusters.com and there are some good short-term options there. i will check again closer to december.

thanks! :)

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
I have a 2001 Buick Regal with about 218 on it - still has a valid E-Test and it was certified in January.. Strong motor and tranny. Take it off my hands !

One small dent on the rear quarter panel where the previous owner punched it lol!

There is lots of life left in this car. Only reason I am selling it is because I bought a new car off the lot.

PM me if you are interested. :)

Jay