1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

shopping in L.A.

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by lush191, Oct 12, 2005.

1. lush191

lush191 TRIBE Member

HI!
    So I am attending a conference in Costa Mesa, CA in the end of the month----------do you have any shopping recommends for me? (outlets preferably)--there is a great mall there--but i am wondering if any of you have any suggestions?

2. scott

scott TRIBE Member

florence & normandie

3. kmac

kmac TRIBE Member

Robertson Avenue has great boutiques. Melrose is good for cheaper club clothes, hipster shit and people watching. Beverly Centre is great for looking at high-end gear you could never afford. There's a great mall in the OC with a skate park and everything, but the name escapes me. I went to a huge outdoor outlet compound, on the way to Palm Springs, but again I can't remember the name.

4. alma

alma TRIBE Member

ha - Watts, right?

"I love Los Angeles" – Marques Wyatt

5. lush191

lush191 TRIBE Member

any idea how long it takes to get from Costa Mesa to Melrose Ave?

6. alma

alma TRIBE Member

Costa Mesa is just inside Orange County. I'd think about 1 1/2 hours at the busiest time of day, and take the 405.

7. junglegirl

junglegirl TRIBE Member

I want to go to the OC.

8. Cri

Cri TRIBE Member

Good thread for me! I'm off to LA on Saturday and I have NO idea where to go!

9. oh toro

oh toro TRIBE Member

i think the closest outlet mall is in barstow which is about 1/2 way to vegas... maybe 2 hours from LA...

otoh, costa mesa has a really nice mall - south coast plaza. it's on the other end of the spectrum compared to outlets.

as far as parties... rooftop @ the standard in downtown LA on sunday is the place to be - daytime into night. i don't think you can get in until after 8pm unless you have a room there. LA really sucks in terms of partying as everybody is stupid as fuck and doesn't know anything (try asking anyone where something is) and when clubs or parties close/end, it's like the plague hit town.

10. squirrely

squirrely TRIBE Member

melrose is a gooood long walk with lots and lots of cool shops. i wish i could remember the name of the place that i got like, 10 amazing tops from, all for under $20 bucks.

11. gak

gak TRIBE Member

the vendors and stores at Venice Beach

12. alma

alma TRIBE Member

You could also try Santa Monica, which is its own town within west Los Angeles. It's got a reputation for being walkable + friendly.

13. Jennika

Jennika TRIBE Member

Yah, the 3rd street prominad in Santa Monica is great. I had the best time shopping there plus you have the beach three blocks south to explore.

14. bombthreat23

bombthreat23 TRIBE Member

I can't wait i am in LA from Oct 25th to Oct 30th...CAN NOT WAIT! love LA so much...