• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Shopper's Drug Mart is like crack

vinder

TRIBE Member
Somehow I just spent the last 1.5 hrs in Shopper's drug mart and spent $50 on shampoo, conditioner, body wash, toothpaste, and mouthwash.

wtf, how did this happen? why am i not upset about it? and why do i want to go back for more?

do you broads have any insight into this?

JESuX

TRIBE Member
i think you should run a search and see how many times pissed off women of tribe have ranted and raved about the *same thing*.

it's fucking terrible.

i get 15% off on the first wednesday of every month because i work in an office tower attached to the mall. (didn't you used to get the same discount, vinder?) and i STILL march outta that piece feeling guilty as hell for dropping between $50 - $100 on "necessities".

vinder

TRIBE Member
i get that, but i'm never here so i can't take advantage. but i don't run out of necessities all that often.

though i was dying to buy like 15 types of whitening toothpaste to see which one was the best.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Poot

TRIBE Member
ps: see if you can find the method cleaning products display. It makes me want to buy household cleaners for things I don't even own.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

mingster

TRIBE Member
vinder said:
Somehow I just spent the last 1.5 hrs in Shopper's drug mart and spent $50 on shampoo, conditioner, body wash, toothpaste, and mouthwash.
$50 in 1.5 hours?

pfft. that's amateur hour. ;)

sugar

TRIBE Member
Poot said:
ps: see if you can find the method cleaning products display. It makes me want to buy household cleaners for things I don't even own.
Val bought the hand soap (I think that's what it was). So pretty. But I didn't like the scent.

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
I escaped with $30 in razors, $8 in deoderant, and $1.50 in gum (which I only bought because I was in line and it was there.....)

I talked myself out of buying the ferraro roche box shaped like a bunny.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
vinder said:
i'm a points whore for other things, is the optimum thing worth joining?
If you shop there already it's worth it. Otherwise you might end up buying things that you don't need or that are cheaper at say pharma because you have the card. I only buy things there when they're on sale as it's more expensive than other places and I always end up buying extraneous things.
Today I was good, I got toothpaste and concealer, no magazines, no chocolate.

Poot

TRIBE Member
vinder said:
last time i spent $30 on bathroom cleaning products, i don't even know what method cleaning is
The prettiest cleaners ever.

YOU try being faced with a wall of this stuff.

Understated

TRIBE Member
i get the wednesday "Mall Day" discount too... i have it as a standard appointment in my outlook calendar every month. good times. :)

noodle

TRIBE Member
There is a shoppers that's not even a two minute walk from my house that's open until 12am (even on holidays!).

As dangerous as its proximity is, it just might be my favourite place in the whole world.

I think I might even go there RIGHT NOW!!!!

vinder

TRIBE Member
Poot said:
The prettiest cleaners ever.

YOU try being faced with a wall of this stuff.
omg i'm totally going back to buy all of these. i want the dish and hand soap, but i will replace it with my dish soap cause it smells like what ecstacy feels like.

Papillon

TRIBE Member
vinder said:

wtf, how did this happen? why am i not upset about it? and why do i want to go back for more?

do you broads have any insight into this?
Go get all your toiletries at Wal-mart. Everthing is one-third the price and sometimes even half the price...you'll cure your addiction to Shoppers in a New York minute.

vinder

TRIBE Member
there's no walmart near where i live though. and there are 2 shoppers near where i live, and one where my office is.

Casey

TRIBE Member
I don't get why household cleaners are more appealing if they come in "pretty" packages. I want something that smells caustic and has a pH of 1 million.

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
Papillon said:
Go get all your toiletries at Wal-mart. Everthing is one-third the price and sometimes even half the price...you'll cure your addiction to Shoppers in a New York minute.
serially? i live across the street from a shoppers and i'll only hit it up for emergency supplies like blades or shaving gel when i run out. don't get me wrong, that method stuff looks purdy and all but i don't really see the need other than it looks aesthetically pleasing. no name cleaning products do the job just fine and for the stuff people can see, i'm not really too worried about not impressing folks with my particular brand of dish soap.

d