• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Shooting at Sound Emporium (TurBoa?) last night

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
Police are searcing for a suspect after a man was shot inside a packed downtown nightclub.

The shooting happened inside the Sound Emporium, at Peter and Adelaide, just before 4am. The victim was hit and stumbled outside where he collapsed on the sidewalk.

Paramedics first treated the wounded man on the street, as officers on bicycles, on horseback and in cars responded to the call.

Investigators are appealing for witnesses, and there are many. Police say there were an estimated 700 revellers in the club when the shooting happened and many of them left without talking to detectives.

Not only did the gunman discharge his weapon despite the fact the bar was packed with people, there were also uniform police officers on pay duty at the club.

If you saw what happened or have any information that could help police, call 51 Division at (416) 808-5204 or Crime Stoppers at (416) 222-TIPS.

Police were called the scene of another shooting just hours earlier on St. Clair Avenue West.

It happened just after 2am after the victim got into a fight with another man on the busy west end strip near Dufferin.

He suffered a nasty leg wound, but he’s expected to survive. Police are still searching for a suspect.

And the province’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) has been called in to probe the death of a man wanted in connection to a shooting in East Gwillimbury Saturday.

The man died after OPP officers near Huntsville found him suffering from gunshot wounds in his car.
http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Story/20060326-001/page.asp

Sound Emporium is the basement of Turboa, right?

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
nm, it *is* boa. I didn't think they were even open last night though...

And every time I've been there I've been searched pretty thoroughly, I'm surprised someone managed to get a gun into the club.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
still can't figure how someone could have gotten a gun in there.... I've gotten everything short of a cavity search when I've been there.

Boa-Redux

TRIBE Promoter
Rude1_247 said:
still can't figure how someone could have gotten a gun in there.... I've gotten everything short of a cavity search when I've been there.
Boa suspended all its events at 360 adelaide street West since March 5, due to problems with the current owners.
Their imposition of some of their own security and other issues left us very uncomfortable with the way the club was run.
We are looking forward to concluding a deal that will leave us in full control.
The event of last night was under the complete control of Sound Emporium, its managers and security staff, with no Boa involvement whatsoever.

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Boa-Redux said:
Their imposition of some of their own security and other issues left us very uncomfortable with the way the club was run.
that says a lot right there.
what it says... i'm not sure. but i know it's worth something. ;)

TRO

TRIBE Member
wow...good to see boa jump right in there and wash thier hands clean of any speculation

I guess it was also good that the report is saying it was at sound emourium and not boa...

Karim

TRIBE Member
TRO said:
wow...good to see boa jump right in there and wash thier hands clean of any speculation

I guess it was also good that the report is saying it was at sound emourium and not boa...
People always tie in club shootings with the hip hop scene. But it seems like they happen at afterhours EDM parties too.

Has there ever been a shooting at system on a friday?
Guv on a saturday?
Comfort Zone?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Skipper

TRIBE Member
wow, that's fucked.
I thought all of that metal detector searching was supposed to make you feel BETTER about going into the club....

Lurker

TRIBE Member
Karim said:
People always tie in club shootings with the hip hop scene. But it seems like they happen at afterhours EDM parties too.

Guv on a saturday?
Comfort Zone?
Fair enough, but what was the party that was taking place when this all went down?

just out of curiousity...

Lurker

TRIBE Member
green_souljah said:
If it was EDM they would have made a point of calling it a rave.
But how many street beat reporters actually know the difference between jungle, techno, DNB, trance and hip hop?

Case in point the story about the afterparty at a house that was branded a rave. By that logic, anyone with turntables having friends over to their place to play some tunes it hosting a rave.

Last edited:

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
I just walked by there and a police van was there and it looked like they were taking down the crime scene tape.

so ya that's all I got.

Karim

TRIBE Member
Lurker said:
Fair enough, but what was the party that was taking place when this all went down?

just out of curiousity...
I wasn't trying to make a point really, I was just saying it out of curiosity. There was a shooting at Film once, and that was an EDM night right?

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
Boa-Redux said:
Boa suspended all its events at 360 adelaide street West since March 5, due to problems with the current owners.
We are looking forward to concluding a deal that will leave us in full control.
The event of last night was under the complete control of Sound Emporium, its managers and security staff, with no Boa involvement whatsoever.
Good to hear that this wasn't the usual Boa set-up. I've always felt pretty safe at Boa and the security has always been top notch. Hope things work out and are back to normal soon (in time for Claussell!!!)

Lurker

TRIBE Member
Karim said:
I wasn't trying to make a point really, I was just saying it out of curiosity. There was a shooting at Film once, and that was an EDM night right?
Oh, agreed 100% and no argument with your initial statement.

I was just wondering if it was a normal house/techno type club night or something else, given that BOA wasn't running the party at all.

I would have been more surprised if it was a house/techno type night to be honest.

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
Karim said:

Guv on a saturday?
Comfort Zone?
Among others, there have been shootings at Film, Swallow Lounge, and Glam Boutique.

As much as it's a hassle to stand in line to go through a metal detector, I feel way more comfortable in a club that has that level of security. My fav club in the city doesn't have that level yet, and it's the only thing I don't like about the joint. I understand it's a money thing and that for every person that feels safer there's probably another two who get unneccesarily concerned and may be wary of a club with that kind of security check.