• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

shooting at Connecticut elementary school

Zorro

TRIBE Member
This is just really sad.

NEWTOWN, Conn. -- Official with knowledge of the U.S. school shooting in Connecticut says 27 are dead, including 18 children.

The shooting at the Connecticut elementary school Friday left the gunman dead and sent frightened pupils into the parking lot.

The shooter was killed and apparently had two guns, a person with knowledge of the shooting said. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation was still under way

Read more: AP: 27 dead in U.S. school shooting | CTV News

It seems that news anchors are even having a hard time telling this story. I thought Ann Romer was going to just start crying her heart out

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Zorro

TRIBE Member
CBS News reporting that the shooter was the father of one of the students. A 20 year old from New Jersey

Blysspluss

TRIBE Member
Yeah I just saw this too. 18 kids or some such. Dunno how a man's brain can get wires crossed that badly in 'is head that killing kids n such is a viable thing to do.

Is it maybe bath salts or something? Like...Just sitting here speechless, truly. Hard to understand this kind of a thing.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
i'm feeling a little sick to my stomach. unfathomable horror those kids went thru, and the little ones who'll be scarred for life that witnessed it.

Blysspluss

TRIBE Member
Like...a class of Kindergarten kids??

Man oh man...the shooter may be dead, but this is a whole lot of people(kids and adults) who will be living through torture for years to come.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
I wrote on my facebook. "Well America, welcome to your gun laws. Take a Bow NRA" My American family and friends seem to think this means I have no compassion about this.

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
i'm feeling a little sick to my stomach. unfathomable horror those kids went thru, and the little ones who'll be scarred for life that witnessed it.

I'm shaking at my desk right now as a father with two kids I'm in shock.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone today.

So sad.

rentboy

TRIBE Member
This is so horrible.

The U.S. is beyond fucked. The perpetrator will be given too much media attention, the NRA will shrug it off, and the same thing will continue to happen.

:(

acheron

TRIBE Member
think I'm going to have to ignore news media for a week or so until the coverage gets down to a less-breathless level.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
31 U.S. school shootings since Columbine. School shootings in every other country in the world combined since that time: 14.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
state police source indicates this could be worst school shooting in US history. One whole classroom unaccounted for. What a horrible, cowardly, pathetic person

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
I wrote on my facebook. "Well America, welcome to your gun laws. Take a Bow NRA" My American family and friends seem to think this means I have no compassion about this.

I'm quite de-sensitize to all these shootings happening in the States. and not surprised in the slightest.
Jen mas posted a good point, about how she does not feel safe sending her child to school without having metal detectors at the entrance and I agree, if it helps.

US wants to run their country like that, all we can do is just sit back and watch. Not like any occupy movement made any difference and no one really cares enough to do anything about it.

assassaint

TRIBE Member
what kind of animal goes after young ones?? my sister has been crying her eyes out since we heard about this, and i am fucking angry.

its a shame that these...cunts are rarely caught alive, its such a fucking shame !!!

poor dears, my dear hearts.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
what kind of animal goes after young ones?? my sister has been crying her eyes out since we heard about this, and i am fucking angry.

its a shame that these...cunts are rarely caught alive, its such a fucking shame !!!

poor dears, my dear hearts.

CBS is reporting a 2nd shooter may be in custody.