• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Shoes!

deevah

TRIBE Member
Temper Tantrum said:
wow. these are gorgeous. I have a dress that would go *perfectly* with these in red (or white for that matter)

where did you buy them and when?

this wkend, nyc
 

kate

TRIBE Member
Oh Val I didn't buy them-but they are my dream shoes. I actually have those in the black patent, but not in the nude/lace.

My favourite shoes on earth are the louboutin Clichy's...which are the same shape with a round toe. I'd love to get those in a baby pink patent!
 

DEEPHOUSEGRL

TRIBE Member
Warning: I bought $20 flats at H&M yesterday, and the sole came off today at work!!!! I knew they weren't going to be long wearing, but I thought I could wear them for at least a full day!? :mad:
 

JESuX

TRIBE Member
DEEPHOUSEGRL said:
Warning: I bought $20 flats at H&M yesterday, and the sole came off today at work!!!! I knew they weren't going to be long wearing, but I thought I could wear them for at least a full day!? :mad:

my favourite pair of shoes for the summer are a nude/tan pair of canvas flip flops from h&m. i think i paid $8 for them, LAST summer!

i've worn these pretty much every day, and i'm SHOCKED that they're still in one piece.

on a not-so-positive note: i picked up a cheapie pair of gladiator style sandals from old navy in a bronze finish - which started to peel off the soles after less than an HOUR.

first and last thing i've ever bought from old navy.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

sugar

TRIBE Member
kate said:


DREAM SHOES
wtf! How high are those?

I'm such a wimp now. I used to wear high heels from about age 16 - 22, but now my back says HELL NO! I have one pair of 3-inchers, and I have worn them twice. Pointless. At least the matching purse I got gets a lot of wear :)
 

sugar

TRIBE Member
OMG! Emma, I am so jealous! Did you get them from The Bay? That's where I got my cherry-print Keds. I love them, but they are not very comfortable (zero arch support). But they are SOOOO cute.
 

Mrs. Brick

TRIBE Member


i have these in all white with a red heel.

they are the best shoes ive ever had, but theyre getting scuffy, i need polish stat!
 
tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

emiwee

TRIBE Member
sugar said:
OMG! Emma, I am so jealous! Did you get them from The Bay? That's where I got my cherry-print Keds. I love them, but they are not very comfortable (zero arch support). But they are SOOOO cute.
i got them at B2. they are ridiculously cute.
 

angelsole

TRIBE Member
i have recently decided that i will only buy comfortable shoes! i don't see the point of spending money on shoes i won't wear or that will cause me severe pain if i do wear them.
on that note does anyone have any suggestions as to where i might go to find a nice sexy pair of sandals? i have practical ones, mephistos that i am obsessed with, but i would like some hot strappy ones.
 

angelsole

TRIBE Member
^^^^
i have high arches so i need something with good support. i don't mind paying though if it means comfort. where is there a nine west downtown?
 
tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Poot

TRIBE Member
sugar said:
I'm such a wimp now. I used to wear high heels from about age 16 - 22, but now my back says HELL NO! I have one pair of 3-inchers, and I have worn them twice. Pointless. At least the matching purse I got gets a lot of wear :)
Yeah - it takes a lot for me to get into anything taller than three inches these days.

I bought a couple of pairs of 4"+ heels at the beginning of the summer, and I've all but totally ditched them in favour of sneaks, flip-flops and the happy mid-heel.
 

PolishPrincess

TRIBE Member
angelsole said:
^^^^
i have high arches so i need something with good support. i don't mind paying though if it means comfort. where is there a nine west downtown?

as mentioned above EC, there is on on Bloor W, yonge and Eglinton, First Canadian place...

I have worked there for two years (im off for the summer)...i use to wear high heels and cry...but i find nine west the best for comfort and style. NOT ALL styles are comfortable....try them on and have a good walk around the store or your home (u can return unworn shoes within 14 days)

happy shopping.

mmmm perhaps i should stop by and pick up a new pair of heels.



like i NEED another pair.......:p
 

JESuX

TRIBE Member
fucking fuck. i just bought these, and i think i need to take them back... i can barely walk in my apartment in them, let alone *real* walking on pavement.



soooo cuuuuute!

*wail!*
 
Cute - who make's 'em?

Suggestion, layers of cork on heels and shoe edges will get de-fucking-stroyed if you're not careful. If you paid a lot for them, take 'em back.

Unless you're going to be super careful with them!
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Mrs. Brick

TRIBE Member
JESuX said:
fucking fuck. i just bought these, and i think i need to take them back... i can barely walk in my apartment in them, let alone *real* walking on pavement.



soooo cuuuuute!

*wail!*
dont give up yet!!

ill come over this weekend and train you good. we can play super model documentary hour!
 

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
lame - I tried to go sneaker shopping at sq1 today - didn't find anything i liked. I almost liked a pair of shoes from payless, but it wasn't what I was looking for [it had no back for the heel]

My cousin showed me this pair though - hmmm i wonder what they will look like on me. [that's if I can find them] :rolleyes:

 

JESuX

TRIBE Member
Mrs. Brick said:
dont give up yet!!

ill come over this weekend and train you good. we can play super model documentary hour!
oh trust me, i can walk in heels with no problem usually... but those aren't the exact ones in the pic, mine are a bit taller. the platform on the bottom as well as the rigidity of the design, AND topped off with the height of them make them next to impossible. plus, i've got foot problems to begin with, so i think it just ain't happenin'!

(ps - those were the shoes i was telling you about, kat!)

val - i am a KLUTZ when it comes to shoes. everything i owned is scuffed/destroyed because my feet turn in and i have a tendency of kicking myself in the foot/ankles. :eek: they're going back for sure. it's a shame, cuz they were fucking cheap!!

the brand i have is some shitty knockoff i think, but the ones in the pic i posted are jessica simpson. i've seen these shoes EVERYWHERE in the mall, though, by every designer imagineable.

*tear*
 

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
angelsole said:
i have recently decided that i will only buy comfortable shoes! i don't see the point of spending money on shoes i won't wear or that will cause me severe pain if i do wear them.
Totally. I have so many pairs of heels that I won't wear. Last summer I alternated between haviana flippers and a few pairs of those asian foam slippers. This summer I've got the high class version of the asian slippers
($10/pair instead of $3) and my 3 year old havianas. I don't know what I'm going to do in the fall though. I want something with good support that I can run around in but I'm tired of wearing trainers everywhere. Nothing ruins a nice outfit like bad shoes.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
Top