• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Shinjuku Zulu feat. MC Shankhini

neuphoria

TRIBE Member
MC Shankhini is feat. on the new CD "Various Chimeras" by Shinjuku Zulu; the tracks she guests on are "Shanghai Masai", "Da Riddim Griffin", "Slow Is the New Fast" and "Coal Coal Black". (The Toronto Star, cokemachineglow, and producer Youth (Bjork, the Orb, etc.) have all given it big-ups.) She's got great flow... and she sings well too...fans of hers should chekkit.

The music is a mashup of electronic, rap, etc, ala Gnarls, M.I.A., cLOUDED, etc. (i.e.hip-hop-not-hip-hop)

B.t.w. the CD also features MC General (also of Toronto, w/trax on Flow, etc.) on "Dirty Liar", and toaster Prince I on "We Do Supersonic".

if people wanna hear can post myspace and iTunes links...

neuphoria

TRIBE Member
sorry to have offended you. specifically asked if anyone was interested due to description would then post links. saw info on gnarls, more or les, and cadence in threads too. thought peeps would like to a: hear about locals they might not know about or b: hear new stuff about locals they may have heard about and thus checked out thread for. (don't have a masari budget, sorry.)

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
no big deal here and there, it's just that about half of your posts so far are promoting your CD. There's lots of great artists who are part of the community on this board, but they temper their promotion with other contributions to the discussions. In general, promoting yourself on this board is kind of frowned upon unless you're paying the mod for advertising space. Just trying to give you the heads up so you don't get the banhammer.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories