1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Shed Design

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by LunaVC, May 10, 2010.

1. LunaVC

LunaVC TRIBE Member

Pod-Shed

click here

and add some nice comments about my Shed Design

if you want.

Thanks

PS didn't know where else to stick this, so didn't mean to clog the board

2. keld

keld TRIBE Member

i don't know, if i spent hundreds of thousands on a house, i'd probably hang out there, rather than in a pod in the garden. cool looking shed, though.

3. agentRC4

agentRC4 TRIBE Member

If it was a POT shed it would be more exciting.

4. Dialog

Dialog TRIBE Member

The idea is that sometimes people already have houses that for whatever reason they might not want or be able to expand directly on to, or that they might have extra space on their property, or no basement for some reason, or perhaps even want some physical separation...

5. erika

erika TRIBE Member

I like the notion of a shed.
    I like the description.
    But I can hardly tell anything from the pictures. It has the shape of an old TV set or some 60's scandinavian furniture.

6. LunaVC

LunaVC TRIBE Member

Really not feelin tha heat from erika yo

7. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

How much would this shed retail for?

8. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

$25 some assembly required. this is where you sleep when your wife throws you out. you may also keep some chickens in it.

9. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

What are they made of? Can you stack them like this:

[​IMG]

Are they salt air proof?

10. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

MORE SPECS B2B PICS NEEDED!
    i

11. Polymorph

Polymorph TRIBE Member

is that in Montreal?, because that *Habitat* building near the Old Port is super-awesome.
    Initially it was made as a *proletariat-idealism* project to provide affordable low-cost housing to poorer working class families, but the architect did such a great job that uber-rich people scrambled ass-backwards to buy condos there.

12. Polymorph

Polymorph TRIBE Member

....perhaps if the architect had done a really hideous, crappy job, then that place would indeed be accommodating slummy poor types
    Utopian Prolerariat Dream FAIL!

13. alexd

that's the one in the picture

14. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

must be a bitch to heat that building in the winter.

15. alexd

I dunno, if each of those cubes are heavily insulated they should be pretty warm. I think all those units only use electric heat.

16. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

I answered an ad to rent a unit in Habitat for $450/month when I was in Montreal. It was really cool and I almost pulled the trigger but instead went for a giant 2 level 4 bedroom 3 bath place a half a block from where I worked for $750 a month shared with one person.

Fuck I miss living in Montreal when rent was dirt cheap.

17. depraved

depraved TRIBE Member

danish love shack-esque

18. erika

erika TRIBE Member

I just can't tell from the pics! I would like to see the wood stove. And I think it also depends on what the house is at the other end of the garden; the two have to go together to a certain extent.