• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

shark

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
who's eaten it? What does it taste like and is it tough? I bought some and want to cook it tonight. Any tips or recipes?

Seal flippers went on sale yesterday too!! :)

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
i've eaten the fin. It's gelatinous and gross. It doesn't taste like much either unless you make a soup out of it, which is also gross and gelatinous. I don't know what the rest would taste like though.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Cut it into 1" cubes and make an "anglaise" coating (flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs) and deep fry it.

Serve with seafood sauce (or a mixture of horseradish and ketchup)

If you're feeling saucy, or if you're serving it to kids, it's important to refer to this dish as "Shark Bites"

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Us Trinis eat shark all the time. It is a little meatier than other fish, sort of a texture like salmon but with less flavour IMO. When my mom cooked it, she'd just spice it and grill it.

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
i think it would be better if he made a hat out of the shark. then people would see him and go, "don't mess with that guy, he wears a shark on his head."

Preroller

TRIBE Member
I find it to be sort of like catfish, I believe we used to have maco shark as a mkt fish from time to time. I didnt find it to taste to 'fishy', it's light n colour.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
I_Brad's idea sounds fun. You'll definitely want to batter it or get stupid with the spices.

I would but I have no means to deep fry...

lol @ ecosystem ruiner. Look around you!

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
the best way to cook it is to just douse it in kerosene and set in on fire. After a few minutes stomp the fire out, peel and eat.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Bass-Invader said:
the best way to cook it is to just douse it in kerosene and set in on fire. After a few minutes stomp the fire out, peel and eat.

Bonus points if you cook it in a Tim Horton's bathroom.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
crochuntc.jpg

SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKS!