1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Shantaram

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by wakipaki, Oct 7, 2005.

1. wakipaki

wakipaki TRIBE Member

Just read a book, its the best book i've ever read,ever, just thought I'd share it with you guys,

in a nutshell,

Gregory David Roberts (author), escapes from a maximum security prison in Australia, goes to Bombay India, lives in a slum, sets up free health care, joins the mafia, starts exporting drugs and passports, acts in Bollywood, fights alongside the mujahdinn in Afghanistan, AND goes home to finish his sentence. He wrote the book twice and it got thrown out by prison guards, this was his third attempt. 100 % true, he just fucks around with names a bit too keep it all legal.

This shit is mindblowing,

www.shantaram.com

2. wakipaki

wakipaki TRIBE Member

Oh, almost forgot, the movie is getting made, Johnny Dep bought the rights and is planning to play the lead role.

3. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

sounds good...i will have to get a copy of this
    Have u ever read Mr Nice Guy by Howard Marks....he was a pot smuggler in the UK...it is his autobiography..pretty good read

4. wakipaki

wakipaki TRIBE Member

^^^^wicked man lets make this a crazy cool life experience author thread

5. Noize

Noize TRIBE Member

I thought this was going to be about Santorum...
    Those who read Dan Savage know what i'm talking about :)

6. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

get the book PIMP by Ice Berg Slim...wild shit that....and it is another true story