• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

shaky houses

mingster

TRIBE Member
my room is in the top floor (attic) of an old house on ossington. and when i'm in bed, i can often feel it shake. i'm a block and a half from the subway, no streetcar on ossington, it even happens when no one else is home (nobody going up the stairs).

so what is making my bed shake? could it be the wind? would the wind have to be really strong? is there a fault line under my house. i'm starting to wonder if i'm coming into contact with our ghost.

anyone's old house shake? have any idea why?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

supakeli

TRIBE Member
A place I used to live in was like that. I had an attic room too.
I chalked it up to the wind and the house just settling in general.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

coleridge

TRIBE Member
mingster said:
my room is in the top floor (attic) of an old house on ossington. and when i'm in bed, i can often feel it shake. i'm a block and a half from the subway, no streetcar on ossington, it even happens when no one else is home (nobody going up the stairs).

so what is making my bed shake? could it be the wind? would the wind have to be really strong? is there a fault line under my house. i'm starting to wonder if i'm coming into contact with our ghost.

anyone's old house shake? have any idea why?

Are you a block and half from the subway station? Or are you a block and half from the tunnel itself? Could be that you're closer to the actual subway than you think. Even if you're as far away as you think vibration can make its way through the ground to your house. It depends on the ground conditions (type of soil, rock etc...)

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
coleridge said:
Are you a block and half from the burrial ground? Or are you a block and half from the burrial ground itself? Could be that you're closer to the actual burrial ground than you think. Even if you're as far away as you think vibration can make its way through the ground to your house. It depends on the ground conditions (type of soil, rock etc...)

see he agrees, indian burrial ground!!

Prickly Pete

TRIBE Member
i am guessing its the traffic driving up and down ossington... or maybe the wind... causes the foundation to shake... the higher up you are the more exaggerated the shaking will be...

mingster

TRIBE Member
yeah, i thought subway cause it's the only logical thing i can think of. but my house doesn't really vibrate, in the way that the ground does when i'm walking over the subway. you know? i would think the whole house would feel it. but all i can feel is my bed shaking. feels like tremors. it's kinda cool, but perplexing. and oh yeah, it never happens when i'm having a sleep over.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Somehow I knew there was good vibrations coming from mels bed.

*Insert obvious "I'd like to shake your bed" joke.*

And done.

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Just ... take advantage of the situation. :)

OK SERIOUSLY. It's most likely the subway...your home might be running along rock formation underground that transmits energy reasonably efficiently. Have you ever asked your neighbours?

mingster

TRIBE Member
~atp~ said:
OK SERIOUSLY. It's most likely the subway...your home might be running along rock formation underground that transmits energy reasonably efficiently. Have you ever asked your neighbours?

karla feels it. but what's weird is that the windows don't shake. neither does the stuff on my walls, the water in my glass, the apple in my eye. but my bed? with my fatass in it, does.

it's our ghost, isn't it. goddamn roommates leave portals for the undead lying around and look what happens.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Mine shakes too every so often when a big truck goes by a certain part of Greenwood. There must be some kind of underground rock formation that transfers the vibes, or perhaps it is mole people under the ground.

803-mole_people.jpg

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
I lived around the corner on Concord, and when my room was in the attic my bed was always shaking.

I always figured it was the bitches in it.

Just kidding, it was the subway. It's probably the subway shaking your house.