• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Shady people take off your shades (indoors)

TrIbAlNuT

TRIBE Member
For some reason it really bugs me when people were sun glasses indoors. It’s frustrating when some one on the subway is sitting right across from you looking in your direction, but you’re unable to tell if they’re look at you because they are wearing shades. Eye contact plays a massive part is how we communicate and when people block their eyes from another person it seems like they are trying to hide something. Personally I hate wearing sun glasses; I only wear them if I’m being blinded by the sunlight.

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
meh. it's all good. that bugs me sometimes too, but i know how it feels when you're tired or down and just don't want to have to interact with anyone.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
the TTC is the only place where I don't remove them immediately...I like being able to look at people without them being sure I'm looking at them.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
If I am wearing sunglasses indoors, there's a 50% chance that I will be going back outside in the next minute or so, and a 50% chance that I have just smoked a phatty and my eyes are red-out.

TrIbAlNuT

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
I have just smoked a phatty and my eyes are red-out.
good point. I do that sometimes. I've been so stoned before that I forgot that I’m even wearing shades and just assumed that everything in the world has a yellowish tint to it.

Old Yeller

TRIBE Member
i don't remove mine when i'm on the TTC, because invariably I'm headed back outside. Also, my sunglasses are prescription, so i'm blind without them on, and changing glasses for a 10min subway ride just isn't practical.

dyad

TRIBE Member
I get frequent migranes and since i get them so often I cant always take work off to lie in bed and want to die. For the milder ones sunglasses can make things bearable so I wear them inside sometimes

Soulster

TRIBE Member
it only bothers me when someone is wearing sunglasses inside a subway train, let's say, and i'm sitting across from them and i'm essentially forced to stare in their general direction...

and they start faking me out because they are looking straight ahead, and what seems at you, but then are they actually staring at you or do they have their eyes closed? and if they are staring is it because they know they are freaking you out and they are deriving personal enjoyment from it?

yeah, i hate that.

Boo

TRIBE Member
The problem is magnified with girls that insist on wearing those massive bug eye (3x bigger than could possibly be required) sunglasses.

And if its a guy wearing the glasses inside, and he also wearing a pink golf shirt and/or fauxhawk, it is your right, nay your OBLIGATION, to kick him in the nuts

Hamza

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
the TTC is the only place where I don't remove them immediately...I like being able to look at people without them being sure I'm looking at them.

GOD...You always stare at me...it makes me feel like I'm defective!

Chaos

TRIBE Member
Old Yeller said:
i don't remove mine when i'm on the TTC, because invariably I'm headed back outside. Also, my sunglasses are prescription, so i'm blind without them on, and changing glasses for a 10min subway ride just isn't practical.
Ditto.

To all the people who think you're being looked at, get over yourselves, you're not all that. :D

c.