• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Sexual Health Clinics

Nerd Herder

TRIBE Member
So last week I had a bit of a fling, but thats neither here nor there... Basically I recently moved to Toronto, and I've never been to any of the clinics around town, but I'm going to go get tested to make sure that I'm still clean as a whistle.

Two questions tho:

1) Would you recommend any clinic over another? The one closest to me is Healthstyles (the one around Dundas & Bathurst)?

2) I've lost my OHIP card, will I need it?

Cheers

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
i believe the hassle free clinic at church and wellesley doesn't require an ohip card, but i'm not 100% sure.

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
nerd herder, i think you'll have to wait a while if you want to get an hiv test.

when you go to the clinic make sure you tell them when the sexual contact happened and they'll tell you if you're giving enough time for whatever to show up on the tests.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Nerd Herder

TRIBE Member
I'm less concerned about HIV than I am about more prevalent STD's like HPV or something...

Not that Im really all that concerned to begin with, just playing it safe ;)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Reflex

TRIBE Member
I've heard a lot of good things about the House but not sure of where it is exactly. somewhere near St. George and Bloor.

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
the house is a good place but they require a health card and you have to be within their age range (i think the cutoff is 25 or 26).

it's on princearthur i think. the same street as the bedford academy.

Nerd Herder

TRIBE Member
Is there any way for them to look up a health card # if I can provide photo ID? I can't even remember the last time I had my OHIP card... It was quite some time ago :(

Guess its time to get a new one ;)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
Get your health card. Medical clinics are incredibly strict when it comes to having one. They won't look up numbers, they won't take your word on it and they won't use a number that was in your file from a previous session.

Go to the one that jane mentioned, but also, book some time to get a new OHIP card.

You never know when you'll really need it.