• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Sex with friends

starr

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by air-bag:
I disagree. if u're sober youre more responsible for your actions and would not question them as much as if you were drunk at the time.</font>

well if the "act" in question is generally agreed to by both parties prior to intoxication, does it really matter?
i wasn't really talking about getting smashed, just having a drink or two to relax perhaps....just a suggestion from experience
smile.gif

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Btw, stop it with the icq enquiries to poor Air-Bag. He's not the "victim" of this thread. It's actually not Alex (God forbid).

Besides, why would I want to sleep with a guy who picks his nose in bed anyway?

BreakzBroad

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Obey:
wontcha be MY neighbour?
you can call me mr. rogers if you like
</font>

bwahahahahahaha!
biggrin.gif
mr. rogers is WAY too straight edge for me.

*jen*

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MoFo

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by French Disco Girl:

our waiter @ zelda's was pretty willing to give it up to you ...
tongue.gif
</font>

The queen (literally) in the turquoise lace number?

starr

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MoFo:
Besides, why would I want to sleep with a guy who picks his nose in bed anyway?</font>

alex picks his nose in bed???
ick....i won't tell the other girls in philosophy class, for now
smile.gif

MoFo

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by starr:
alex picks his nose in bed???
ick....i won't tell the other girls in philosophy class, for now
smile.gif

</font>

Oops, did I say nose? I meant...

Well, I'm off to bed. I expect some more DAMN GOOD advice when I check this tomorrow!

French Disco Girl

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MoFo:
The queen (literally) in the turquoise lace number?</font>

that would be the one
biggrin.gif

i definately think that had something to do with the shirt will was wearing. as if it wasnt a coincidence he wore that to zelda's ....
rolleyes.gif

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by French Disco Girl:
that would be the one
biggrin.gif

i definately think that had something to do with the shirt will was wearing. as if it wasnt a coincidence he wore that to zelda's ....
rolleyes.gif
</font>

it WAS a conincidence
mad.gif

and IT WAS THE BARTENDER NOT THE WAITER!!!
mad.gif

Obey

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by breakz_btch:
bwahahahahahaha!
biggrin.gif
mr. rogers is WAY too straight edge for me.

*jen*
</font>

thats only because you hav'nt seen what else i change into instead of a cardigan. that closet holds alot of mysteries my dear...

ADT

TRIBE Member
well.. now that ive posted in the Dungeons and Dragons thread, no women (including my gf) will be interested in me.. so im going to have to start having sex with my friends......

=D..

v..abstractdatatype

CO2

TRIBE Member
Sex with friends can be a great thing...in fact it can be awesome if its done correctly...the major problem with it seems to be that if the relationship dosent work out, what then?? Especially if youre good friends..alot of people seem to feel that thats sort of a trade-off...either friends or lovers, and that you can never go back...i find that ridiculous...look at Seinfeld and Elaine!!
wink.gif

Anyways...the main thing here (as Tina mentioned) is maturity, and the will to keep the friendship going if/when the relationship goes south. Talking about it and having some sort of understanding if the worst was to happen before you mess around i think is definitely the key. Like any other relationship, communication is the key element...however is THAT much more important when a friends is involved...

Bottom line...sex with friends is fine and dandy...but there absolutely HAS to be some sort of understanding or ground rules before that step is takin to ensure the longevity of the initial friendship...and that shouldnt be too difficult if you fully intend and want to keep the friend you have as a friend afterwards...

-Chris

madnezz

TRIBE Member
hmmm... such a tricky situation!!!

It really all depends on how suseptible the two people in question are to emotional attachment.

See, I for example, don't think I could handle just sex with a friend- no strings. I just don't work that way- and it's NOT an issue of "maturity" cause I know I'll always be that way.

The maturity comes into play when things start going wrong- and it reflects in the way they handle a given situation.

I'm not going to say it's not going to work (cause never say never) but my guess is that it HARDLY ever works out.

But- all the best to you- and you'll never know if you don't go for it.

Plus- he's straight??? interesting!! *grin* if that's not an ego-boost I don't know what is!!!! *grin*

adios
Laura

matty

TRIBE Member
You have to work the this in with the that. Don't forget to make ground rules beforehand as well.

SUNKIST

TRIBE Member
DON'T DO IT
nothing good results from it. things will become awkward, weather you plan on it or not, and a friendship is worth way more than a casual sex relationship!

DJAlchemy

TRIBE Promoter
no matter how 'mature' you both are, don't for a second think that having sex with a friend isn't going to change the nature of the relationship becasue it will. I'm not suggesting it will be a positive or negative change, but things will be different and the two of you will look at each other differently. How well you decide to handle that is up to you.

Cri

TRIBE Member
I was just going to say what Derek did...

I don't think it is a matter of maturity. Feelings will come into play if you are sleeping with someone, whether they are the romantic kind or not..therefore feelings will be hurt when it all ends..unless both parties happen to miraculously find another partner at the exact same time.

It can be a whole lot of fun
smile.gif
For sure..but it can also end badly. I have been in situations where it ended great and also another which ended badly..

BUt you have to remember, that just because you think it ended great when it is over, doesn't mean your "friend" did..and they might be hurt...

I ono..

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
*EXACTLY* what Derek said. Sex will definetly change the nature of your relationship possibly for the negative or the positive, but when taking a step like that there's no way you can become so physically intimate with someone (even once or on a regular basis) without everything changing. Your perception of that person and often their perception of you will change. Even if there is 'no expectations' and everything's clearly laid out it's more then likely there WILL Be hurt feelings or bitterness or resentment. i.e. what if you see said 'bed buddy' hooking up with someone else? how would that make you feel? Or would they be hurt if they saw you hooking up with someone else? Sex has a way of changing people's perceptions of each other and relations. I have been involved in these sort of situations a few times and only once was our friendship the better for it. Now we laugh about it, have both grown up and moved on and still remain very very close friends (just close with our clothes on
wink.gif
) today. In my general experience though and that of my coaching my friends through various traumatic periods it generally can either a) end the friendship or b) produce a period of awkwardness in the friendship that will lead to you being closer or being further apart.

Good luck Sunny, Hope it all works out
smile.gif

t. tAnTrUm

BreakzBroad

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Obey:
thats only because you hav'nt seen what else i change into instead of a cardigan. that closet holds alot of mysteries my dear...

</font>

hahahahaha! too damn funny!
biggrin.gif

*jen*

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Hehe.
This sounds like my department.

First off I'd like to say that maturity has nothing to do with success here. You're not embarking on a science experiment.

Emotions probably have way more to do with this than you'd care to admit. For males, being_attracted == emotions. There's a reason why you'd be willing/interested in sleeping with this guy, especially if he's straight (ie. whats the point). If he is straight, you're setting yourself up for mild to heavy heartbreak and him for awquardness. Of course, the reason you're probably pushing this through is hope for the chance that he's gay. Oh, the eternal potential, and motivator of so many stupid but possibly rewarding decisions.

I think there's a good deal of wishful thinking going on; couple that with calculated self delusion and you've got the perfect recipe for either an uncomfortable or manipulative situation.

That being said, I definitely say go for it, especially if he's hot. Any straight guy can be coerced gay given the properly tuned situation and, as Tina mentioned, alcohol.

Do not attempt this without alcohol. Sleeping with him very well risks fucking up your friendship with this guy, and if that is the result than you had better at least get in a good round of uninhibited cocksucking. At least you'll have something fond to look back at, rather than a failed, awquard, aborted attempt at 'planned & sober' meat exchange; which would have the same if not worse results.

YAY

-jM
A&D