• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Sex with Bears Can Win You Governor General's Award

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Too funny... read the excerpt

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK, CANADA? - Imgur

pyov8I3.jpg

Stop Bill C-10

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
This is actually a fairly famous Canadian novel that still is taught in a number of Canadian Lit courses at the post-secondary level. Anyway, it was good enough for Alice Munro, Mordecai Richler and Margret Laurence to give it the top Canadian literary honour in 1976.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
And for those too dense to read between the lines, the novel isn't meant to be read as a literal sexy bear on lady extravaganza.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
And for those too dense to read between the lines, the novel isn't meant to be read as a literal sexy bear on lady extravaganza.

for those of us who didn't have it as a high school project, what is it supposed to be read as? And what grabbed it the GG award?

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
for those of us who didn't have it as a high school project, what is it supposed to be read as? And what grabbed it the GG award?
From what I recall, most of the readings take a feminist angle where the bear is read as a construct of male domination which the protagonist overcomes vis a vis discovering her natural sexuality. There's also some pretty graphic description of her juggling bear balls, so it's not all obscure allegory.

Maui

TRIBE Member
Whoever is thinking about trying this type of behaviour I'll warn you Bears are not the gentle frolicking romantic beasts they once were. Their territory has been encroached upon to the point that they have less land, less food, and more interaction with humans. This has made them less trustworthy and more apt to attack unsuspectingly.

If your going to play with bears, make sure you take the necessary precautions.

I don't mean to say don't do it, but maybe incorporating some bdsm where you would tie the bear up to immobilize his sharp claws, or administering a light dose of ketamine or ghb prior to play time. Salmon snacks to keep him happy are also a good idea.

Last edited: