• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

sending phone text message from website?

billy

TRIBE Member
if you know the service provider of the person you are sending it to, all of their sites do it. however, note that the recepient DOES pay for web based text messages no matter what their plan is.
 

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
you can email directly to people's phones and it shows up as a text.

rogers uses pcs.rogers.com - so for example, if your friend's number is 416-867-5309 then you could email 4168675309@pcs.rogers.com and it would text them.

im not sure what other providers use. i think msg.telus.com but i'm not sure.
 

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
kuba said:
number-AT-teleflip.com from any email will send a text msg for you.
be careful with services like these that don't send messages directly though the service provider. They may store the addresses you use and then subsequently resell these lists to text message spammers.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

stanimal

TRIBE Member
billy said:
if you know the service provider of the person you are sending it to, all of their sites do it. however, note that the recepient DOES pay for web based text messages no matter what their plan is.
bell mobility doesn't charge for text messages sent from their web site nor from msn (at least last i checked my bill).
 

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
Bass-Invader said:
you can email directly to people's phones and it shows up as a text.

rogers uses pcs.rogers.com - so for example, if your friend's number is 416-867-5309 then you could email 4168675309@pcs.rogers.com and it would text them.

im not sure what other providers use. i think msg.telus.com but i'm not sure.

only works if they are subscribed to rogers email2sms service which i think is like 25c per month
 

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
Rajio said:
only works if they are subscribed to rogers email2sms service which i think is like 25c per month
unless this is a new service that has been introduced, it used to work way back in like 2001 for people i know who definitley are not subscribed to any email2sms service.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
stanimal said:
bell mobility doesn't charge for text messages sent from their web site nor from msn (at least last i checked my bill).
correct. i am not aware of any provider that charges for the receipt of any messages. think about it, get text spam, and then have to pay for it?

or somebody pissed at you and repeatedly sending you email texts that cost you money?

i found out about teleflip.com about a year ago, and have sent at least 500 email texts from my Yahoo account since. I told kuba about it but he's not nearly as cheap as me so i don't know if he sends them, but he's received lots from me in the last year.

another benefit is you don't have to know the receiver's carrier. just 10digitnumber @ teleflip.com.

occasionally some won't get it the email text, only because they haven't activated sms services on their phone and don't understand why they're getting that message (the email txt i sent them would immediately follow). as far as i know it's stilll a free across the board service that most phones have activated by default.

kuba's never said anything about getting spam since, and i've sents a lot to my own phone to in the last year, without anything.

on my bell bill they're catagorized as "internet events" and are always are no charge.

test it and send one to your own cell number......
 

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
Bass-Invader said:
unless this is a new service that has been introduced, it used to work way back in like 2001 for people i know who definitley are not subscribed to any email2sms service.
yeah i used to use it back then too but since then rogers has shifted it to that 25c/month service fee crapola. sucks. i dont see how text messaes cost them more or even as much as voice covnersations. such a gauge.

furthermore; so far as I know, rogers customers can receive all the text messages they want for free; they just pay to send.
 
Top