• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

selling clothing

kat

TRIBE Member
i inherited a lot of my gran's wardrobe and while i am sentimental..i dont think i can wear any of it.

its a lot of holt renfrew/talbots shirts, a few blazers, bathrobes, leather belts and cashmere sweaters etc.

i dont want to give it away to goodwill. one, because it would feel like i was throwing it away and two, because i know they were expensive.

are there places (in kensington?) that would take a look at it and buy them from me?

i have no idea where to start looking. any help would be appreciated. :)

kat

TRIBE Member
yea i am the only person on earth without a credit card : /

so i dont think i can do the ebay route.

kuba

TRIBE Member
well you can get someone to do it FOR you, or you can go to one of those sell-on-ebay stores, there is one on queen east, that can do it for you.

you worked for air miles but don't have a c'card? how the? people like you still exist?

how abotu ex-toggery? is this stuff used or new? how much do you really think you can get for your grandmother's clothing?

I say go the goodwill route. I mean, if the shit is labelled from Holt, big deal. give it to a charity and you'll really feel good about yourself, rather than making tens of dollars off of it.

But if you want, go thru either sell-on-ebay or whatever, or you can go to a consignment store.

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
kat said:
yea i am the only person on earth without a credit card : /
nope. we're the only two people on earth with no cards. trust me, we're better off. ebay's for suckers anyway. Besides, Oprah says if we succumb to Visa and co. we will run up colossal debt and die miserable and alone. :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

swenard

TRIBE Member
I would give it away myself. It would be nice to see a well-dressed poor person for once. Considering used clothing sells by the pound, I don't think you will have much luck selling used clothing for any tangible amount of money.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
cashemere is nice no matter what your age... maybe you can first see if anyone you know wants anything... ? You'd be surprised.. a few classic peices (ie a basic sweater or whatever) belong in eveyone's wardrobe.... you can funk them up a little by wearing with other stuff that is more your style. Stuff that doesn't selll you can try a consignment store..

I just cut up my credit card last night and taped it to my fridge.. so I also dont' have a credit card.. they're evil

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
lucky1 said:
I just cut up my credit card last night and taped it to my fridge.. so I also dont' have a credit card.. they're evil
Good for you. Cut up all your cards and you can make a beautiful mosaic.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
i taped it to my fridge to remind me they are life sucking.... I only had one.... so I guess 3k maxed isn't that bad.. but I'm still paying a consolidationg loan from previous misadventures.. from which I apparatnly didnt' learn my lesson..

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Lovely N Amazin

TRIBE Member
why don't you have a sale? like where people can try the clothes out. i think that would make you the most amount of money in the least amount of time. perhaps hold it close to a neighbourhood where people have money and advertise it?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
kat check yer pms - there are some stores down here that may be intetrested

mingster

TRIBE Member
in passing, anyone know of donation boxes in the bloor and ossington area, or have a link for locating them? i need to get rid of some shit.

echootje

TRIBE Member
mingster said:
in passing, anyone know of donation boxes in the bloor and ossington area, or have a link for locating them? i need to get rid of some shit.
Hey Mel, there's a Salvation Army and a value Village west on bloor near, and just past Landsowne.

Also, if you're inclined Cerebral Palsy something something is picking up clothes outside my house on Tueday morning if oyu want to drop em off here.

Rob

JESuX

TRIBE Member
alex - i was going to suggest "jo's clothes" on queen east - is that one of your suggestions?

i believe it's a consignment store, and most of the stuff that's in there seems to be along the same tip as the stuff kat's trying to get rid of.

kuba

TRIBE Member
mitsuko souma said:
nope. we're the only two people on earth with no cards. trust me, we're better off. ebay's for suckers anyway. Besides, Oprah says if we succumb to Visa and co. we will run up colossal debt and die miserable and alone. :)
fuck oprah, that stupid cunt, with more money up her ass than nigeria. i mean, she can't make dumb statements like that. she's basically making them because people she addresses are usually over-the-hill moms who spend money to make themselves feel better, and not people who are money conscious. good luck trying to buy ANYTHING without credit, be it a house/car/anything, and we'll see how well you do.

jocelyn dee

TRIBE Promoter
if it's really nice, good quality clothing you can probably sell it on consignement.

There's a store kinda by Yonge and Davisville that sells mainly higher-end used clothes on consignment. The store is called Ex-toggery. I'm not sure what the tel# is but it is probably in the yellow pages.

My co-worker used to sell stuff there pretty often. The only thing is the clothes have to be clean and you have to bring them in hung up on a hanger. Depending on the items and what they price it at you get different amounts of $$$. The only thing is, if the items don't sell, I don't think you get any $$$.

Give it a try. (Also, there might be other locations as well - check the yellow pages).

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
kat said:
i inherited a lot of my gran's wardrobe and while i am sentimental..i dont think i can wear any of it.

its a lot of holt renfrew/talbots shirts, a few blazers, bathrobes, leather belts and cashmere sweaters etc.

i dont want to give it away to goodwill. one, because it would feel like i was throwing it away and two, because i know they were expensive.

are there places (in kensington?) that would take a look at it and buy them from me?

i have no idea where to start looking. any help would be appreciated. :)
Consignment shops sell stuff like this and you get a cut of it. I know there are a few in the city.

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
jocelyn dee said:
if it's really nice, good quality clothing you can probably sell it on consignement.

There's a store kinda by Yonge and Davisville that sells mainly higher-end used clothes on consignment. The store is called Ex-toggery. I'm not sure what the tel# is but it is probably in the yellow pages.

My co-worker used to sell stuff there pretty often. The only thing is the clothes have to be clean and you have to bring them in hung up on a hanger. Depending on the items and what they price it at you get different amounts of $$$. The only thing is, if the items don't sell, I don't think you get any $$$.

Give it a try. (Also, there might be other locations as well - check the yellow pages).
there ya go.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders