• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Self Respect

Kwasi

TRIBE Member
Self Respect.

It seems to get harder to meet women that have confidence in themselves these days. Ok no it's not hard. I'm just here to vent a few issues on a few of my female friends...

Many seem to lack self respect. At least in one of my circles.

What the Fuk is going on? Is this a symptom of a larger problem?

Or maybe (some) my friends are hoes and knobs... cattle? Playthings for assholes and guys with the quickest draw on the party favours?

I say that caring is not being judgmental. And that caring calls for me to exit certain friendships at this point in life. A lack of personal self respect in a way disrespects friendship. Which hurts. It hurts to see people you care about live negative lifestyles.

Life is not a competition. Or a numbers game.

If you party so much you can't remember details... you have a problem. It is not safe, healthy or sexy.

Not Sexy!!!!!! Not healthy!

Cmon ladies! Make the lads work fer it like we used to have to for gods sake...

Discuss!
 

starr

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Kwasi
If you party so much you can't remember details... you have a problem. It is not safe, healthy or sexy.

Discuss!
What do they say? Those without sin, cast the first stone.

Did you give this rant to Kevin too :p

I'm hearing a whole lotta double-standard in this post and calling you on it :D
 

milkshake

TRIBE Member
Guilty of indulgence to the point of forgetting details...and guilty of placing too much self worth in my relationships with friends and my relationship with my boyfriend. I'd be lying if I didn't say that it's affecting us and putting a strain on things without us actually talking about it.

And guilty too of feeling bad when I allow myself to become disconnected...case in point this weekend and the subsequent playing catch-up.

Does awareness/acknowledgement put me farther ahead?
 

MoFo

TRIBE Member
On one hand, I think what your friends do is just not your business. If they want to "hoe it up," let them. They're adults, they should be able to deal with the consequences (if there are any).

On the other, I think it's also your duty as a friend to voice your opinions about all this.

Friendship should be reciprocal. And there should be mutual respect no matter what's going on. Friendship is really important to me. I will not sit and let someone loose without trying to help the situation. It should be based on honesty and compassion.

Hey, maybe you should be really blunt and say something. Better that than sit around passively caring about what people are doing.
I don't it's an issue of girls not having self-respect. I mean, I don't know what it's like, but I'm assuming it fucking hard to be a female.
I see males "disrespect" themselves all the time (myself included).

Be accepting but also your friends (if you are REAL friends) deserve honesty for sure.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

HMP

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
On one hand, I think what your friends do is just not your business. If they want to "hoe it up," let them. They're adults, they should be able to deal with the consequences (if there are any).

On the other, I think it's also your duty as a friend to voice your opinions about all this.

Friendship should be reciprocal. And there should be mutual respect no matter what's going on. Friendship is really important to me. I will not sit and let someone loose without trying to help the situation. It should be based on honesty and compassion.

Hey, maybe you should be really blunt and say something. Better that than sit around passively caring about what people are doing.
I don't it's an issue of girls not having self-respect. I mean, I don't know what it's like, but I'm assuming it fucking hard to be a female.
I see males "disrespect" themselves all the time (myself included).

Be accepting but also your friends (if you are REAL friends) deserve honesty for sure.
ting. nailed on the head.

you haven't said your friends feel about said slutty phase. if they're happy with it and not hurting anyone, who is to judge? it's not a female thing. it's an immediate gratification thing. be a friend and talk to her about what you see. (i've had to do a similiar thing with male friends, too).
 

[EmPress]

TRIBE Member
In my opinion confidence is a hard thing to determine with girls. Are you confident if you like flaunt your shit?? Or are you confident in not having to do so??? It’s a hard question. I see girls plaster scandalous pictures all over the internet and wonder if maybe they are just proud of themselves….or maybe they just seek confidence in compliments. Meh either way I dunno. I personally am not a flaunter (at least I don’t think so) but sometimes I wonder if I should be….seem as those girls seem to be so popular with the boys All you can do is hope boys are smarter then they seem :p
 

Pyrovitae

TRIBE Member
a lack of self respect is usually due to insecurity and a complete lack of boundaries. that's not something you can change, only the individual in question can.
 

Jeremy Jive

TRIBE Member
After a really hard and long string of events, it took me a very long time to regain my self respect and my self esteem. Without the great people that surrounded me at home and work, it would have been much longer.

As a friend, the best to do is be there friend and just be there when they finally realize what they are worth.

jeremy -you can lead a horse to water..- jive
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Stupidity is the disease.


Girls generally don't know what's best for them, which is somewhat contrary to female nature. It's like... reverse darwinism or some crap.


The "you can lead a whore to culture..." Tesseract
 

Casey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract
Stupidity is the disease.


Girls generally don't know what's best for them, which is somewhat contrary to female nature. It's like... reverse darwinism or some crap.


The "you can lead a whore to culture..." Tesseract
you think you're funny but you're not
 

Pyrovitae

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract
Stupidity is the disease.


Girls generally don't know what's best for them, which is somewhat contrary to female nature. It's like... reverse darwinism or some crap.


The "you can lead a whore to culture..." Tesseract
wow, that's a load of horse shit. way to project your insecurity on an entire gender.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Pyrovitae

TRIBE Member
only wearing pasties when first meeting someone is a sign of confidence, self respect and an awareness of personal boundaries.
 

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Pyrovitae
wow, that's a load of horse shit. way to project your insecurity on an entire gender.
Call a spade, when you see it.
Yes, it is horse shit.
No, it's not a projection of insecurity. It's merely an observation over female friends going for guys that are assholes... then having said female friends coming to cry to me.
 

lucky1

TRIBE Member
No one is attractive if they don't respect themselves. Guys or girls. But it depends on what self respect means to an individual, to base upon what they judge other people buy.
 

Kwasi

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by HMP
ting. nailed on the head.

you haven't said your friends feel about said slutty phase. if they're happy with it and not hurting anyone, who is to judge? it's not a female thing. it's an immediate gratification thing. be a friend and talk to her about what you see. (i've had to do a similiar thing with male friends, too).
some good points. ignoring the other crap...

to clarify the self respect issue goes for both sexes definately.

yes they are happy with their slutty phase. that's really a non issue. the issue is when they can't remember who they fucked. then they get freaked out over why a guy is nice to them. then feel "obligated" to be nice 'cause they don't want to come off as being stupid? Where is the sense of self worth?

and this is sssssooooo common. Ladies do not ever feel "obligated" to be nice to a guy. Ever.

Do not take drinks from strangers.

Do not party with people you don't know.

If you are going to bring home a stranger or casual acquiantance hid your valuables. (as profitable as catching them is... it is not fun to deal with)

and no i am not without sin... quite the contrary... but i am 3 years older than they are. i've been there. played all angles too... which is why i care.

i just think that in this age of new freedoms and attitudes... some women have taken some things a little bit too far. bang all you want. visit the doctor as much as you want...

but when it's time to take out the trash and kick some ass i'm the guy that has to beat/threaten and intimidate the dude you brought home because you never really knew him in the first place? (me venting again!)

geezz.... i just want my female friends to bang guys that respect em. that is all.

it's vague discussion i know but i just needed to get it out... and yes i debate with them all the time... but i have a feeling that they are asking more questions than debating...
or as another friend put it perhaps "these" girls are just in a league of their own... that's what i get for having an all chick crew.... that I adore.

and drugs... keep em recreational. when they start fucking up your complextion - take some time out.
....arrggghhh.

am i the only one with non addictive personality?
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

HMP

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract
Call a spade, when you see it.
Yes, it is horse shit.
No, it's not a projection of insecurity. It's merely an observation over female friends going for guys that are assholes... then having said female friends coming to cry to me.
maybe it's the girls you know. seriously. you can't call it a female thing. I have just as many guy friends – gay and straight–who go through this lack-of-boundaries thing.
 

Kwasi

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
On one hand, I think what your friends do is just not your business. If they want to "hoe it up," let them. They're adults, they should be able to deal with the consequences (if there are any).

On the other, I think it's also your duty as a friend to voice your opinions about all this.

Friendship should be reciprocal. And there should be mutual respect no matter what's going on. Friendship is really important to me. I will not sit and let someone loose without trying to help the situation. It should be based on honesty and compassion.

Hey, maybe you should be really blunt and say something. Better that than sit around passively caring about what people are doing.
I don't it's an issue of girls not having self-respect. I mean, I don't know what it's like, but I'm assuming it fucking hard to be a female.
I see males "disrespect" themselves all the time (myself included).

Be accepting but also your friends (if you are REAL friends) deserve honesty for sure.
Thanks for the feedback.
 

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Kwasi

and drugs... keep em recreational. when they start fucking up your complextion - take some time out.
....arrggghhh.
.. so what about those of us who have a naturally bad complexion?
 

Kwasi

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by lucky1
.. so what about those of us who have a naturally bad complexion?
ummnnn...

Don't quit! Try mashing up different powders and pills into monster caps. The spoon and plate method works pretty good. The more sources the better. It will spread out the bad shit and equalize the good stuff. The more wacked you get...well the more wacked you get.

The more pills you take the more problems they solve....

YeAAAAAAAHhhhh!!!!!!

and no you guys cannot meet the crew. lol
 

Alita

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Kwasi


maybe (some) my friends are hoes and knobs... cattle? Playthings for assholes and guys with the quickest draw on the party favours?

Probably.

You should try and be supportive of your friends for sure, but if shit is really getting to you....then maybe it's a sign that you don't belong in that scene....and you should be elsewhere, with other people.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
Top