• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

See what Country song was #1 on the day you were born

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
All I know is that Shania Twain was/is the first country singer I seriously wanted to fuck.
Still do.

And guess what? We're almost exactly the same age!

(In fact, it's popped up in annoying conversations, where someone asks me, "How old are you, really?" I say "I am the same age as Shania Twain". And they're like, "Who?":

Fucking young people. Don't know their superficial *roots* and references.....but anyways..

I seem to recall that Patsy Kline was pretty hot. And Dolly Parton........

hmmmm............. showing my age now

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
That being said, if you wish to know which quasi *country song* will be stuck in my head 'til the day I die, it's this one:

yup.. them's some campfire memories right there

Maui

TRIBE Member
This is a Shill and should be banned
Jeez who made you judge, jury, and executioner?

I recall you calling someone else on here out as a shill and it was not so.
I also recall you being a shill at one time, so maybe we ought to ban you!

Or maybe there's been enough banning on this board to last a lifetime and its not worth it, or at least let Alex the curmudgeonly old man do it?

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Jeez who made you judge, jury, and executioner?

I recall you calling someone else on here out as a shill and it was not so.
I also recall you being a shill at one time, so maybe we ought to ban you!

Or maybe there's been enough banning on this board to last a lifetime and its not worth it, or at least let Alex the curmudgeonly old man do it?
Yup the Gabor Mate thread a few years ago,
-
As for me being a shill? really? A troll yes but not a shill. I don't pretend to not be involved when I clearly am.
-
I've already been banned for arguing with Alex for charging small promoters to advertise;). If look at what that forum has become I think you'd quickly realise that there is some legitimacy to my disagreement on this matter.
There are 4 upcoming events in that forum and NOBODY comes here ever anymore to find out whats happening in the city which is sad because there is a clear loss of new traffic.

I still think it was a bad move that alienated promoters, I have no clue if he still charges for posting events but it's clearly too late since FB is a much better platform anyway.

Maui

TRIBE Member
Haha just bustin yer balls, Its been so long, I'll take your word for it.

Speaking of country music, I was watching the NCAA championship and the country music awards were on. I was just thinking about how most people hate country. But really hearing a rock music fan diss country is like househeads who say they don't like disco.
Then this dude wins the award for best song and I almost spit my beer out cause he was holding back the tears for his song "I drive your truck" LOL
The winner of best album is pretty jokes as well. "Same trailer, different park".
Like really? Is there such a large number of the population that grew up not having a stable childhood because thir parents were moving their house from trailer park to trailer park? Why were they doing this. Are they like rich folk who scout out betters schools in better areas? Did they spot a Denny's and a Red Lobster within 3 wheel scooter driving distance?

Anyway, point is apparently popular Country music has jumped the shark similar to other genere's these days. Yikes.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
I don't pretend to not be involved when I clearly am.
To whom are you referring? The link in the OP is part of This Day In Music, a novelty site which has been around for years. If you're still implying that I'm somehow affiliated with Dr. Maté, you might want to half your current dose. Or double it, whichever alleviates the chronic cynicism. ;)

Maui

TRIBE Member
I think you misunderstand. He just agreed with me about the Gabor thread when I said he mistakenly called you a shill in that one.

He then said he's not a shill himself which is the part you just quoted.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders