1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Scratch of the Roots and the Diabolical Biz Markie...

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by Vote_4_Pedro, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Vote_4_Pedro

Vote_4_Pedro TRIBE Member

1am just back from the show.

Scratch was amazing, he had the place rocking. He was on point, played with the crowd, layed down amazing beats... all goodness.

Then Biz came on and sadly stunk it up. He had no flow, he was medicore at best as a DJ. His cutting, scratching, beat matching, mixing was very rough. And his selection was awful.

We left after about 30 mins. of the Biz.

Very sad to write this, but Scratch made it totally worth it, he was on fire.

2. DJ Vuvu Zela

DJ Vuvu Zela TRIBE Member

nnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

3. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

should we shine a light on, a light on??

4. Destro Sanchez

Destro Sanchez TRIBE Member

He's an overweight over enthusiastic record collector, were you expecting Rob Swift or something?!?

You never had his TAPE KINGZ mixtapes from the 90s? You didn't know he would do slow jams? rewinds? chat on the mic??

Golden era hits and funk jams are awful selections? :rolleyes:

That wasn't DJ Kool he dropped, it was Mark the 45 King.

:p

But I will give you credit for being a great hater.

5. Vote_4_Pedro

Vote_4_Pedro TRIBE Member

Wasn't what the crowd was there for, and even his hype man knew it - you could see it on his face, and he's all like "okay, we're warming up now, we're gonna get hot here in a moment" - or something along those lines...

I agree - golden era hits and funk jams are great, but, like I said - the room was dead. Biz's fault totally. Scratch handed him the room on a platter, couldn't have tee'd it up any better...