• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Scrabble

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
This game truly is king of kings.

I could play scrabble all day and never need to eat or drink or wash, for I would have all the sustenance in the world.

ChROmE

TRIBE Member
I concur. No one wanted to play in the Dominican. I had to shift my energy to Connect Four....

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
I once played strip Scrabble with someone, I was naked really fast... word of advice, play against dumb girls :p

pr0nstar :D

tommysmalls

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dirtymatt
Chess gives it a good run for its money.

matt
yeah, now that i think about it, Chess is #1 in my books, but scrabble is great because more than 2 can play!

Jennika

TRIBE Member
I made josh a homemade scrabble board for Christmas. took me two days (well, about 14 hours total) in my friend's dad's workshop. I carved groves for each piece and filled them with other wood trim and made a rosewood frame and soddered the writing and stained each tile and square and sewed a felt/velvet carrying bag. whew, it was a project and a half.

But it was so worth it and he'll have this forever.

hey basic, you guys should come over for a game.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
I dunno, I played Scrabble with my mother 3 nights in a row last spring in a camper in Niagara Falls, while my bf was getting drunk and tanned in the Dominican...

The games does lose its charm surprisingly fast under those circumstances. ;)

IgStar

TRIBE Member
me & woods used to have some serious Scrabble challenges...

wait! great idea for tonight since I'm physically impaired!

thanks Basic!
forgot we bought the Deluxe Edition for our camping trip over the summer!

<---going to kick her BF's ass tonight.:D

scrabble is the best. i play it at school, and at friends' houses all the time. i also got a board for christmas.

sometimes i play those mega-touch machines in bars and play their version of scrabble to hone up my skills.

scrabble is totally triple word score.

.setSETSt.

lok

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Jennika
I made josh a homemade scrabble board for Christmas. took me two days (well, about 14 hours total) in my friend's dad's workshop. I carved groves for each piece and filled them with other wood trim and made a rosewood frame and soddered the writing and stained each tile and square and sewed a felt/velvet carrying bag. whew, it was a project and a half.

But it was so worth it and he'll have this forever.

hey basic, you guys should come over for a game.
that is such a great gift!!

Dirtymatt

TRIBE Member
The best thing about chess is that you can get a rating- maybe scrabble should set up a similar system to find the Scrabble Grandmaster?

Any contenders?

joey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by basic
where did you play, protractor?

I was wondering about that, but wouldn't it be too easy to cheat (ie looking at online dictionaries?)
I think it was on scrabble.com

it is easy to cheat.....
thats why if you're playing someone and they put in a word like aacdequio then you quit and play against someone who doesnt cheat...

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
I own the Scrabble, and am it's steward as well. Except I like playing by The Rules, none of this 'ooh let me check the dictionary' bullshit.

AND I like to play with reasonable time frames. Nothing makes me crazier than someone who takes too frickin' long to form a word.

The best is playing sketchy Scrabble :D Suprisingly, the focus can be found.

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
I love scrabble - I play all the time - good times :)
They have scrabble competition nights at Fez Batik in the summer