• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Scott And Robbie Hardkiss "champions Of Champions Part 2"

seeker

TRIBE Member
wicked, between this and Scott Hardkiss' "Yes" mix from '94, I've been getting a serious old skool West Coast fix lately. thanks for sharing! :D

sauce

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by seeker
wicked, between this and Scott Hardkiss' "Yes" mix from '94, I've been getting a serious old skool West Coast fix lately. thanks for sharing! :D
That yes mix is awesome too. I think i downloaded it from you off soulseek.

peace

sauce

seeker

TRIBE Member
yeah, jammed w/ classics. 2 mixes of FSOL! wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

where is rentboy, he should be all over this.

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by seeker
yeah, jammed w/ classics. 2 mixes of FSOL! wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

where is rentboy, he should be all over this.
just home from work...i'm all over this.

These boys owned back then :)

thanks for the hook up.

rentboy

TRIBE Member
sick!

i love this sound...that acid/breaky vibe from the west coast during the early to mid-90s was spectacular.

This is a tough set to ID.

Recognised a few tracks like Richie Hawtin's minimal break remix of La Funk Mobs 'Motor Bass get phunked up' and Rabbit in the Moon's mix of God Within 'The Phoenix'.

Anyone got part 1? :)

rentboy

TRIBE Member
btw, Ludikris, do you have any other sets like this to host? or even sets of your own from that era??

i recall hearing a small set of yours from around 96 and it was quality.

ludikris

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rentboy
btw, Ludikris, do you have any other sets like this to host? or even sets of your own from that era??

i recall hearing a small set of yours from around 96 and it was quality.
I have a couple of old sets that I could post... but I'm missing a a few of my older ones like:

fully funktional vol 1, real funk and miscellaneous funk..

real funk was a rip of the old delmonte fruit drinks

if anyone has those, lemme know and I'll remaster and post them.

I also have the mark oliver new year's from the same one john e played and I'll post that one soon too. I'm not sure I have the entire mix though...

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Fantastic!

I've only ever heard a couple of other Hardkiss sets that I can remember, and it's been such a long time -- this set is absolutely great. :) Thanks!

ludikris

TRIBE Member
yah.. old xstatic tapes have much to be desired for sound quality. I was gonna remaster them but I just dont' have time. Besides, people might not like the effects hiss removal can have. removing frequencies to reduce hiss takes away from things you might wanna hear clearly.

Old Yeller

TRIBE Member
i did so much acid at this party, omg.

it's 1 o'clock, time to drop
it's 2 o'clock, time to drop
it's 3 o'clock, time to drop
it's 4 o'clock, time to drop
it's 5 o'clock, time to drop
it's 6 o'clock, time to drop
it's 7 o'clock, time to drop
it's 8 o'clock, time to drop

weeeeee fun!

rentboy

TRIBE Member
a few more track IDs.

orbital - are we here (RITM laconic dub)
Jondi and Spesh - Jondi and spesh fatty phat jam
drum club - drums are dangerous (hardkiss 'drugs are dangerous' mix)

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ludikris
nice work rentboy... your totally right.. I have those on vinyl.. even duplicates of "delusions of grandeur"
damn, DUPLICATES of Delusions! :)

Amazing album.

ludikris

TRIBE Member
ever find a copy of the promo to the phoenix ? with the guitar sample the boys were sued for using ? It had typing on a white label with the words..."someday my plane will crash" ...

fuck.. I never found this....

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ludikris
ever find a copy of the promo to the phoenix ? with the guitar sample the boys were sued for using ? It had typing on a white label with the words..."someday my plane will crash" ...

fuck.. I never found this....
no...i've heard all about that version though.

Such a great sound... you on the look out for any other older sets from them? There are a few doing the rounds.

Also, didn't all 3 of them play at Syrous in 96?

ludikris

TRIBE Member
Have you got side a to the one I posted ?? because that pretty much does it for choons I'm lookin for other than bbr streetgang.."sex you down"

althought I got to be pretty good friends with Gavin Hardkiss when all three of them were here ....No party came close to the Champions of Champions party.... It was a first for Toronto to hear that sick hardkiss sound... WOW.. what a night that was.

Here's a link to the "elo" sampled version of the phoenix I spoke of...

phoenix "someday my plane will crash" illegal edit.