• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Scooter repair shops

flipflop

Can anybody recommend a good scooter repair shop in downtown Toronto?

My girlfriend has just acquired an old Honda Elite 250...but it has been sitting around since 1993.

Anyone have any ideas on what it would need to become roadworthy and the cost of all this??

Thanks in advance for your ideas and input!

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Hypnotoad

TRIBE Member
flipflop said:
Can anybody recommend a good scooter repair shop in downtown Toronto?

My girlfriend has just acquired an old Honda Elite 250...but it has been sitting around since 1993.

Anyone have any ideas on what it would need to become roadworthy and the cost of all this??

Thanks in advance for your ideas and input!

I work on River street, just north of the Toronto Humane Society. There is amotorcylce sales/repair shop on this street that also sells scooters. I suspect they probably do some form of scooter repair. I don't have the name of the place. I'll try and have a look on my trip home.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
410nl-48.jpg

just remember the scooty puff jr. suuuuuuucks.....

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
McBride Cycle in the west end (dundas west between islington and keele)
416-763-5651 or 1-877-24BIKES (toll free if needed)

cosmosuave

TRIBE Member
Do not take it to the shop on River St... I've dealt with these guys and they do poor work... Good place for accessories but repairs stay clear... I own two scooters and do the maintenance myself on them... What kind of shape is the Elite in?

Does the battery work?
How are the tires?
Was it stored with Fuel Stabilizer in the gas?

My guess if it has been sitting for that long and was running it would need the following...
carburetor cleaned out
new sparkplug
new air filter
some oil squirted down the spark plug hole...

Where is it located?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders