1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Scientists discover men's sexiest dance moves

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by solacevip, Sep 8, 2010.

1. solacevip

solacevip TRIBE Promoter

CTV.ca News Staff

CTV Toronto - Scientists discover men's sexiest dance moves - CTV News

Men hoping to impress the ladies on the dance floor need to remember just a few things: keep that head and chest moving, and go big or go home.

That's essentially the conclusions of a new study from British and German researchers who say they have narrowed down the exact dance moves that appeal to women the most.

To reach their conclusions, the researchers filmed 19 men, aged 18-35, with a 3D camera as they danced to a basic drum beat. They then mapped their movements onto featureless avatars, or humanoid characters.

Next, they asked a group of 37 heterosexual women to rate the avatars' dance moves by watching 15-second clips of each dancer and then judging them on a scale of one to seven, from extremely bad to extremely good.

The researchers then narrowed down the key moves that made for "good" dancing. And they say it all comes down to just a few key variables. These were:

* wider and bigger movements of the neck, trunk, left shoulder and wrist
    * variability of movement size of the neck, trunk and left wrist
    * speed of movement of the right knee (80 per cent of the dancers favoured their right leg).

A "good" dancer thus displays larger and more variable movements in relation to bending and twisting movements of their head/neck and torso, and faster bending and twisting movements of their right knee.

"This is the first study to show objectively what differentiates a good dancer from a bad one," study author and psychologist Dr. Nick Neave of Britain's Northumbria University said in a statement.

"Men all over the world will be interested to know what moves they can throw to attract women."

Neave said the research helps hone in which areas of the body females are looking at when they are making a judgment about "male dance attractiveness."

"If a man knows what the key moves are, he can get some training and improve his chances of attracting a female through his dance style," he said.

Neave said he believed such dance movements may form signals of a man's health, vigour or strength.

The study is published in Biology Letters, a journal of the Royal Society, Britain's academy of science.

Sexy moves
    [YOUTUBE]3m9b1ZWxCuA&[/YOUTUBE]

Bad moves
    [YOUTUBE]Vusg_76Eujo&[/YOUTUBE]

2. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

so the dance moves in the Ballad of Gay Tony were RIGHT ON

3. derek

derek TRIBE Member

apparently the running man and the wop combined are pretty sexy, the chicken dance and robot, not so much.

4. Chris

Chris Well-Known TRIBEr

well, usually I try out my pa pa pasa doubly my way into a girls heart to demonstrate my horizontal mambo!

5. deevah

deevah TRIBE Member

1st avatar = dork
    2nd = dweeb

neither are getting laid (by me @ least)

6. kirstenmeows

kirstenmeows TRIBE Member

Agreed.

7. pig-pen

pig-pen TRIBE Member

Personally, I have found that a triple pelvic thrust in rapid motion followed by a strategic crotch grab works every time.

8. Chris

Chris Well-Known TRIBEr

fist pump, gaze to the left, gaze to the right, followed by foot shuffle and anothe fist pump drives the ladies wild!!!!

9. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

I love how people get paid to come up with this shit.

having said that

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  10. Balzz

Balzz TRIBE Member

Where does the fist pump rank?

11. Chris

Chris Well-Known TRIBEr

HEY!

THAT MY MOVE! Followed with a counter clockwise swirl!!!!!!

12. Balzz

Balzz TRIBE Member

beat that beat back!

13. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

Chances of reliable extrapolation to entire western world based on sample size of 37 = extremely high, IMO

ISSUE A PRESS RELEASE!

14. pig-pen

pig-pen TRIBE Member

someone should graft a large penis onto the bad dancing avatar and do the research again.

15. Musical Rush

Musical Rush TRIBE Member

I don't think this one is dancing. I think he dropped a pill and is just throwing in some moves too look less suspicious while searching for it.