1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Scenes From The Drug War

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by WestsideWax, May 7, 2010.

1. WestsideWax

WestsideWax TRIBE Promoter

2. Musical Rush

Musical Rush TRIBE Member

For the dog lovers a dog gets shot in this and you hear it crying. Fucking pigs!!

3. JCrack

JCrack TRIBE Member

I wish I had scrolled down and seen this before watching it. Fack, thats brutal

4. Preroller

Preroller TRIBE Member

Way to go! A few more grams of marijuana off the streets. USA USA USA!

[​IMG]

5. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

6. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

I think i read this somewhere. all they found was pipe with some weed in it?
    poor little kid, totally traumatized for life, dogs killed in front of him.

7. Beings

Beings TRIBE Member

what do you want. drugs kill.

8. WestsideWax

WestsideWax TRIBE Promoter

I didn't hear any drugs firing guns off in that vid.

9. keline

keline TRIBE Member

That was nice of them to protect that family from weed

10. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

yeah but it has a street value of $100,000!

11. derek

derek TRIBE Member

idiots for real. who's dog wouldn't be barking with strange, armed men bursting through the door. seems to me someone just wanted a reason to let a few rounds off.

12. Mr. Magyar

Mr. Magyar TRIBE Member

It's pretty much a standard procedure for police officers to shoot a dog if it's deemed to be a threat. At the end of the day, a dog is an animal and it acts on instinct.

13. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

any dog that is loyal to its family, when presented with loud noises and lots of threatening people, will do what it does naturally , and try and protect its family, that is not justification to kill the dog, its just doing what it feels right, and the amount of armor those idiots have on, they are not going to get hurt by the dog...

FUCK taze it, at least it would probably still be alive.

brutal.

[jai]

14. Mr. Magyar

Mr. Magyar TRIBE Member

Actually, it is a justification to kill the dog. As idiotic as the basis for this raid was, the goal is to secure the house and arrest the suspects. Dealing with the dog's aggressiveness meant it had to be killed because it would have distracted from the tactical plan. As well, bullet proof vests are the only armour that police officers wear and the vests don't protect against everything. The limbs are what dogs usually go for when they attack, so the last thing that the team would need is fending off a vicious dog, which would foul up the takedown. Also, tasering is not an option with a tactical team because of the operating procedures they use.

15. glych t.anomaly

i understand the rationale, associated to the operating procedure, and im sorry, but they are wearing more than just vests, they have a myriad of fabrics, padding, elbow and knee padding, they even have some built into the gloves and sleeves.

and one dog, and a family with a bunch of ARMORED MEN carry weapons, could easily have taken the dog without killing it.

im sorry, but i dont see justification period, especially considering what they found.

it seems like their intel, along with their procedure is in dire need of revisiting.

most dogs are not TRAINED attack dogs.

that is what you have to be wary of.

not a house hold animal, hell you could fire a gun shot in the air, and just the sound of the gun going off is enough to come close to stunning the dog for a second.

there is a thousand things they could have done differently.

[jai]

16. doughboy

doughboy TRIBE Member

Interesting interview with a Columbia SWAT officer regarding the gear and procedures used during this raid:

As glych said... these officers had more than enough protection to shield them from a dog attack if it did decide to come after them.

17. Mr. Magyar

Mr. Magyar TRIBE Member

So what if dogs aren't trained to attack? They can attack regardless. Anyway, as the video that doughboy posted, the police officer being interviewed stated that all their gear won't protect against a dog attack. Finally, a gunshot in the air is only an option in TV shows and movies. Anyway, I suspect the reactions in this thread are based on the fact that it was a raid arresting people using marijuana.

18. glych t.anomaly

i dont care what they were arrested for, Doughboy posted the video and he says that they would be fine, vs you saying they wont.

i guess i will have to watch it to decide for myself.

[jai]

19. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Spoke to an OPP officer about this case last night, he's thinking about going SWAT soon and he was saying they taze dogs up here.

Told me of one case where the dog basically was immediately immobilized, then just ran away down the street and hunkered down under some bushes - with the prongs from the tazer leads still in it.

No dead dogs that way, at least, a lot LESS dead ones cause I assume you might have a dog die occasionally just like people do from tazers.

20. doughboy

doughboy TRIBE Member

I'll save you the trouble... the only part the SWAT officer said wasn't protected was their feet.

Everything else is basically Kevlar, but the boots are only leather.

Section 3:50 - 4:30 of the video.

BTW... if you guys wanna speed up your video viewing times, I suggest you check out MySpeed by Enounce.

I haven't watched an online video at 1x speed in the last 6 months... most I watch at 1.5x - 2x and they don't sound like chipmunks, just fast talkers.

21. bitchass

bitchass TRIBE Member

Can't believe I watched this interview to the end but it was funny at 7:00 when weedboy talked his way into a corner when the cop stated that it wouldn't make sense for police to only enforce laws they agree with. Edits some stuff out, goes on a seemingly pre-written rant then ends the call.

22. keld

keld TRIBE Member

whoa whoa whoa!

this is fascinating. you speed up the playback of all videos to save time?

lol

23. doughboy

doughboy TRIBE Member

Since most of the videos I watch are informational presentations for business purposes (translation: to learn stuff and make my brains full)... it actually makes a lot of sense.

Glad you were impressed though, always nice to know I've inspired another dullard to such great heights.

24. keld

keld TRIBE Member

why are you calling me a dullard? i was just laughing, is all.