• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

scars...

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
alright. we've all been there. first someone points out a small scar, then someone else says "oh yeah?" and proceeds to show off an even more impressive scar with equally appealing story on how it came about.

got any interesting scars? bitten by a great white? let's hear them.

my biggest scar is on my inner arm where the elbow creases (anterior cubital fossa area if you wanna to get technical). boring story... tore my left small bicep tendon years ago lifting something at work and then had surgery to repair it but the staples holding the incision/wound shut slipped a little bit during the healing process (under a cast so it wne tunnoticed until too late) so i ended up with a scar that looks a bit more gruesome than it should have.

you?

d

p.s. if anyone is intrested, a very talented artist acquaintance of mine is working on a collection of paintings with scars as his theme and will be planning to show his work in october some time. i think he may still need a few subjects to photograph for his work if anyone's interested and has any interesting scars they wouldn't mind showing off. pm me for details.

Caz

TRIBE Member
left hip, my trophy from getting stabbed. its a big one!!

edit: Your friend can't take pictures of it. Sorry.

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
I only have two scars on my whole body

One small barely there scar in the middle of my forhead from when I was a kid defending my brother on the school yard. Someone threw a concrete block at me and hit me square in the face.

the second is from a baseball bat. It is right beside my right eye and it is noticable. The bat was also thrown at me but not on purpose or at least I dont think so.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
For some reason, my scars disapear and leave no mark.
Yay for good healing!

Not that I've ever significantly hurt myself or needed stiches of any kind.

Kiera

TRIBE Member
on my forehead right between my eyes. When I was younger my parents where having a party and some guy was entertaining us kids. We were jumping from the bunk bed and he was catching us. Well he was too drunk by the time I jumped and I slammed head first into the corner of the desk.

I have one on my left arm from where my uncles dog bit me when I was on his farm in Hungary. Right on my forearm. It was pretty bad went right thruough my arm. Thank god for shock.

On my right breast from where they stuck a tube in me while i was having chemo for leukemia. it healed nicely though, kind of.

One on my right knee from when my friend and I were climbing a tree when we were kids. I didnt realize there was a rusty nail in the tree and it slit my entire knee open. Now it looks like ive got a permanet worm on my knee. Now that I think about it, I never went for a tetnas shot. oh well

I've got many more but those are the ones with the most interesting story

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
- I have a massive scar over my left eye (12 stiches but MASSIVE scar)
- my left ear has been re-attached,
- I have 3 large (over 20 stches each) scars running more or less parallel with my hair line at the back of my skull
- I have 2 smaller scars on the right side of my skull above and behind my right ear

chooch

TRIBE Member
have a nice wide scar just over my right knee -there were stiches inside and topically...almost was questioned if i'd walk properly after that spill in grade five. sure he can take a pic of it.

edit: but only my leg ! LOL!

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Just one on the top of my left foot from some groggy morning where I dropped a glass on it.

Oh then there is the emotional scar from when Fillmore told me he didn't love me back :(

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
right flank side just above my hip bone. Fell off my bike and got a nice scar when I was 8. Got stabbed in exact same spot 10 years later.

littlejon

TRIBE Member
scars is cool.

i have assorted scars on my hands from a life of working with them. kitchen knives, olfa blades, cresent wrenches and motorcycles will do that to ya.

my knuckles tell the tale of a nice bike wipeout, but they are faded to next to nothing, now. i was young and dumb.

i have a scar right above my eye from a run in with a rock thrown by my neighbour when i was a kid.
i was lucky, it could have easily been my eye.

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
One on my belly from surgery when I was a kid.
One on my forehead from splitting my head open on my bed post.
One on my knee from scraping it up after tripping on my cape on Halloween. :)

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
just to clarify....

please pm me if interested in the art thing. this thread is simply to hear about your scars and any interesting stories that are attached to it. keep 'em coming. morbid, gotesque, whatevs... that's what makes 'em interesting.

d

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
where don't I have scars would be easier

my one knee is all scar from trying to steal home plate in baseball and not sliding properly. Wasn't enuf skin left to get stitches.

On my right thigh from a piece of glass stabbing me

above one eye from falling in a grocery store and smashing my head off one of them freezer/fridge things

other eye from falling head first into concrete off a skateboard

both shins from "shark bites" while skating

elbows have numerous scars from numerous things

the best one though is my middle finger on my left hand...

My popsa cut it off by accident when I was almost 3. He was cutting turnip on the counter while I was watching and a piece slipped cross the counter and I reached for it as he brought the knife down. They tried to sew it back on, but it didn't take and it "died"

Funzo

TRIBE Member
I have a pretty big one on my left foot from where they went in to give me a new heel. It was 23 staples to close it up.

All the rest are just run of the mill, cut by broken bottle, fell off bike, cut myself to be a "blood brother" type shit. They aren't very big, they just stick out because I rubbed ash in them so they'd look tough after.

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
I have a pretty burly one from my collarbone surgery due to a hockey hit. Very Frankensteinish.

I also have one above my eyelide rom hockey. And another one on the back of my head from when I smashed it against a radiator, after falling off a stool while brushing my teeth when I was 3.

My favourite scars are my ink. ;)

Caz

TRIBE Member
Amy_J said:
where don't I have scars would be easier

my one knee is all scar from trying to steal home plate in baseball and not sliding properly. Wasn't enuf skin left to get stitches.

On my right thigh from a piece of glass stabbing me

above one eye from falling in a grocery store and smashing my head off one of them freezer/fridge things

other eye from falling head first into concrete off a skateboard

both shins from "shark bites" while skating

elbows have numerous scars from numerous things

the best one though is my middle finger on my left hand...

My popsa cut it off by accident when I was almost 3. He was cutting turnip on the counter while I was watching and a piece slipped cross the counter and I reached for it as he brought the knife down. They tried to sew it back on, but it didn't take and it "died"
WINNAR.

kuba

TRIBE Member
Left hand, between index finger and thumb.

I put my hand in a table saw in conneticut, back country. Was helping my uncle do siding for $1M+++++ houses. Literally in the middle of nowwhere, with an uncle who spoke zero english.

So the morning, I'm hanging out. I see he goes up and down the ladder, to cut, goes up, nails them in. So I say to him 'hey chief, i can cut, and you nail it in'

sure enough he says, if you cut off your hand, your dad is going to kill me.

So first piece of wood I am to cut, I put it in, and WHAAAAM. 2 miliseconds later my hand is hanging open, and I cut the main artery.

LUCKILY there was the developer there in his 911. He comes up to me, rips the shirt I have on my back in one fell swoop, wraps it up on my hand, and throws me in the car. We drive approx 20 minutes going at LEAST 150/hour average, through single-track upaved roads (I kept hearing rocks hit his paint).

He drops me off at the hospital, and takes off, nothing, no word, nothing. I walk in, and the secretary tells me to sit down, doesn't even look at me. I unwrap my shirt, and blood starts flying everywhere, at which point I faint.

2 hours later I get up, in the hospital bed, only to see the doctor (Dr Pastena) looking at my hand, and me seeing the reflection in his big michael caine-style glasses. I faint again. Next time I get up it's anasthesia time, so I pass out, wake up the next day to find my uncle beside my bed all night.

It was pretty fucked up. One thing I can't do is shoot a gun with my left hand.

AND

In grade six my friend bryce mitchell took the bat I had in my hand as we were playing 500. I didn't step far back enough, he swings, and on the back sqwing it clips my face. Cut my face open, do 3 loops, and ran buckwild to the office. The WHOLE school was outside the office. I went to the hospital, 5 hours later got stiched up, and basically it went from me getting hit in the face to me having been shot and needing 100 stiches. (rumours...). Came into school a week later, then removed stiches, and I was called fatlip cuz the doctor didn't stich me up properly. Went back a year later to fix the job.

Moez

TRIBE Member
I don't know why I keep coming back to this thread. The stories seriously gross me out.

a big fat OUCH to some of them. holy shit.

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
hahaha.

some great ones so far. nice.

as for small scars? oh man... where to begin?

my legs look like a battle ground after years of abrasions (baseball slides on gravel. can you say dumbass?), countless sports and cycling mishaps (pedal 'rake' scars, bike ramps ala 'napoleon dynamite' styles, one motorcycle accident with small knee scar and accompanying exhaust pipe burn (fuck i was so pissed as i bought the bike brand spanking new one week prior to writing it off completely. dammit! still hurts envisioning the poor thing lying there all broken and 'bleeding'. i walked away pretty much unscathed. whew.), and plenty of other misc. bangups and gouges of mysterious origin. 4 stitches on my wrist (ulnar side) from punching through a glass porch door when i was a child (again... dumbass?).... too many small ones to list. lol

d

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
dont we all...

i have a scar on the bridge of my nose from an old friend throwing a stuffed monkey at me and it had a metal thing on its neck - ouch
a scar on my right leg from shaving when i was like 12
a scar on my right knee from running into a open window when i was a wee thing and it gashed my knee right open
almost forgot this one tiny scar on my nostril from a cocker spaniel pup biting my nose and hanging from it at the beach also when i was like 9

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
leg, broken beer bottle
eye, hockey stick
belly, burner on a stove
back, knife wound from brother
wrist, nail at work
ankle, got dragged around by the merry go roound by my foot as a kid

deep

TRIBE Member
I scar pretty easily so have a bunch. The most amusing ones include on from an IV on my left bicep that looks legitimately like a junkie's trackmarks, as well as a scar shaped like a lightning bolt on my cheek from a ring.

Have people heard of the cheek scars german aristocracy would give each other with sabres? The idea being that the straighter the scar on your face, the more courageously you took the cut.

Last edited: