1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Scar Removal

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Karim, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Karim

Karim TRIBE Member

So I took a hockey stick to the face last night in my hockey league, requiring 5 stitches on my chin. It's prolly gonna scar. Once it's healed, I'm definitely gonna look into some sorta cosmetic treatment for the scar. Anyone have any experience in this?

What can I expect it to cost?
  2. skin deep

skin deep TRIBE Member

Chicks love scars man, leave it!
  3. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

Use some cover up for it, princess
  4. Fillmore

Fillmore TRIBE Member

The plastic surgeon may give you a cream to apply a couple times a day or they may need to skin graph. It all depends on the scar itself.

I would just go and see a plastic surgeon once its somewhat healed.

As for the cost, I have no idea. My co worker who has been dealing with this should be back in the office next week if you can wait I can get more information out of him then.
  5. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

you could try mederma or bio oil if its a nice fresh scar.

if you go for surgery or something keep us up to date with what the deal is, I have a scar I would love to get rid of on my face.
  6. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

pour water on it?
  7. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

8. WestsideWax

WestsideWax TRIBE Promoter

"My face, my beautiful face!"

I've heard your societal net worth goes down by 100K with every facial scar.
  9. lucky1

lucky1 TRIBE Member

5 stitches isn't that many. I'm sure it will heal fine. Just give it time. Don't put anything on it until the stitches are removed and the scar is closed up.
  10. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

11. todiefor

todiefor TRIBE Promoter

you should talk to ricky martin about this.
  12. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

Scalar pendant.
  13. ghaleon

ghaleon TRIBE Member

14. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

was this a real answer or a joke that i dont get?
  15. Deus

Deus TRIBE Member

When you injure your tissues those tissues will not regenerate, but scar tissue will form where the lesion was through the process of healing. Since it is impossible to regenerate old tissue the scar is inevitable. It cannot be removed by surgery because healing from surgery will only result in more scar tissue formation.

The best thing to do is just to embrace it.
  16. WestsideWax

WestsideWax TRIBE Promoter

you =

17. Karim

Karim TRIBE Member

Chris Rock used to say his mom used to cure EVERYTHING with Robitussen
  18. Karim

Karim TRIBE Member

Looking closely at the cut, it's a very clean slice which hopefully will have minimal scarring when all is said and done. I guess I was just a little worried that it was gonna be worse than it is cause I didn't get a good chance to inspect it under the bandages before posting. I just remember the bloody horror show it was when it happened, and the looks of sheer disgust on my team mates faces...
  19. Destro Sanchez

Destro Sanchez TRIBE Member

seriously, as soon as the blood is gone and maybe even before the stitches are out. COAT THAT MUTHAFUCKA WITH LIQUID VITAMIN E!!!!

as soon as you can and as much and often as you can.

the trick is quick.

i was maybe a weekor two late starting it on my head last summer, but it did still drastically reduce it.

skater friend told me when I was worried about my scar.
  20. KodiaK

KodiaK TRIBE Member

the amount of stitches dont matter. It's how deep the cut is.

I still have a scar on my left index finger from when an x-acto blade went right down to the bone. 2 stitches.

as to answer the OP's question:

Tea Tree oil and liquid vitamin E. This will reduce the scarring.
  21. KiX

KiX TRIBE Member

vitamin E cream *might* help in the mean time after the wound heals, but how you scar is mostly up to genetics. but like deus said, surgery is not an option really. embrace it, scars are hot.
  22. Psyrel

Psyrel TRIBE Member

Silicone will work wonders, use as soon as the cut isn't open. This is recommended to treat burn scars and keloid scars.

Look for a self-adhesive sheet product that you can use multiple times. I had great success with Mepiform years ago but don't know what the best brand on the market is now.