• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Save water...

regal beagle

TRIBE Member
bath with a friend.

Taken from ENN

Manila residents go two to a tub to save water

Friday, January 09, 2004
By Reuters

MANILA — Couples in the Philippine capital could find themselves in hot water after being asked to start sharing the tub at bath time as part of a conservation drive.

"Start sharing baths with your partner to conserve water," the environment department advised the parched capital's 12 million residents.

Unseasonably dry weather has depleted water levels in the main reservoirs supplying the metropolis and officials were meeting on Friday to consider rationing and other measures.

Environment Secretary Elisea Gozun warned things could get worse before the monsoon season begins in May and said officials were "sounding the alarm early to avoid a water shortage."

As a haze of pollution masked blue skies over Manila on Friday, the weather bureau said fewer typhoons than normal at the end of last year caused water levels to drop and that the city could not expect a rainy reprieve for several months.

To hurry things along, officials plan to start cloud-seeding to raise water levels in the reservoir.

Source: Reuters

This is an interesting take on a world-wide problem. Though I can't see Environment Canada suggesting this. I wonder if there will be a child boom in 9 months in Manila?

Agatka8

TRIBE Member
hey our parents used to bathe my brother and me together... until we were around 5years old....
Oh the memories hehehe...

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
This is an interesting take on a world-wide problem. Though I can't see Environment Canada suggesting this. I wonder if there will be a child boom in 9 months in Manila? [/B]
Ever looked at a map of Canada?

one thing Environment Canada will never have to worry about is a water shortage.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

regal beagle

TRIBE Member
Yea, I have looked at a map of Canada. And yes we have heaps of water. Most of it surface water.

Interestingly enough, I am doing my Masters in Geography. Given that probably 50% of the students are doing water related research I think it would be naive to say that we have nothing to worry about regarding water shortages in Canada.

Funzo

TRIBE Member
They call them fingers, but I a'int never seen em fing
Oh there they go

I mean bathing with a friend is good shit in my books!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Much of what is painted blue on canadian maps should actually be brown. Yes they are bodies of water but most of them are closer to being bogs or marches than actual lakes. Decade of draught and mush of the blue out west would turn into dry lakes.